Chapter 10: Tournament Battle and Surpise

Author: Heyo! Here is the update for Izuku of Mars!

sans: sorry for the long awaited update.
_______________

Izuku ascended the steps to the arena-like platform, across from him was the one he saw prior. Due to the match-up board, his name was Hitoshi Shinsou.

sans: why are you vibrating, author?

Author: N-No reason! >_>

Midnight: Alright! Both fighters, are you ready?

Midnight raised her whip, smiling as both Izuku and Hitoshi got ready.

Midnight: Begin!

She shouts, the loud crack of her whip commencing the match.

Izuku: Something isn't right. There feels like some sort of signal emitting from him...

Izuku mentally through to himself as his eyes began to glow green. There was something lethal about Hitoshi and it put Izuku on edge.

Hitoshi: The new member of the Justice League. You're lucky.

Izuku narrowed his eyes. The tone suggested that he had some sort of resentment... but from what?

Hitoshi: So, whats a hero like you doing in U.A? Get kicked out?

Izuku frowned slightly. He could read emotions as they're part of the mental spectrum but... he doesn't seem to really mean the things he's saying. Is it a tactic?

Izuku: Why do you ask?

Izuku flinched and his eyes stopped their glow as he put a hand to his head. It felt like something was pulling at his mind and covering it. Like... like it was mind control!

Izuku grits his teeth, the light flickering back in his eyes as he looked at Hitoshi, who seemed to be struggling also, sweat already dripping from his face.

Hitoshi: So... you do have Martian Manhunter's... p-powers...

Izuku: Yeah... I... DO!

Izuku fluctuates his brainwaves erratically, causing Hitoshi to stumble as his effort for control failed.

Hitoshi: Damn it!! Why do YOU get to be that lucky!? To have powers like a Justice League Member!?

Present Mic: What just happened!?

Nezu: Allow me to explain!

Present Mic: P-Principal Nezu, Sir! When did you g-get here!?

Nezu: I've been here the entire time! Now, young Shinsou had just tried to gain control of Izuku's mind with his quirk, Brainwash! But, Izuku's powers of the mind aren't easily swayed! However, it was impressive that Shinsou there managed to affect him even briefly!