chatper 11

Andrew Lloyd- POV

I was returning back home from my business trip. This was supposed to be exciting for me. Don’t get me wrong I am happy to be back since going to be with Zara however, there was glitch our unresolved issues wasn’t going to be the first thing I handled once I was back and rested. Now I wasn’t even going to have enough rest at all.

**flashback**

“Thank you very much Don Collins”
I said to the very tall mid-fifties looking man who is my new business partner. I own a diamond jewellery company and Don Collins here owns one of the biggest fashion companies in the country. One of His companies or rather his daughters were designing their latest collection and since it coincided with the release of my new diamond THE FROST cuts it occurred to me that two power brands merging was perfect for business.
“Oh come on Andrew it has been wonderful signing this deal and concluding the production arrangements. I am sure this is going to be the beginning of great things for our companies and please call me Collins.”  He was giving me hug and I patted his back instead.
Reaching for my phone i called my driver to get ready to take me straight to the airport my private Jet was already on standby.
Just then the second daughter of Don Collins, Ira came into the board room her iPhone in her hand she was typing really fast without looking up she went to her dad and kissed him on his cheeks, “hello dad I’m glad I didn’t miss him.”
I looked up at Collins confused, was I the him Ira was talking about. I didn’t have any business with the daughters till production was about to begin.
Finally she looked at me, “hey Andrew I knew I was going to catch you before you left. I was hoping you will escort me to the party my family is having this weekend.”
My expression was disbelief at what this spoilt daddy’s girl was doing, was she seriously asking me out in front of her dad. I looked at Collins but the man was smiling I shook my head.
“Ira I would not be able to make it back I have a date back home with my girlfriend” I lied. Technically it wasn’t a lie because Zara would accept me this weekend.
Ira was laughing really hard like I said a joke. “Calm your horses’ mister I am not asking you out or anything I don’t want to go to the party alone because I don’t want guys hitting on me. Purely escort” she pouted.
“It’s your party if they try anything you don’t like kick them out” I spat angrily.
Big daddy decided it was time to finally to stop this crap but to my surprise he said, “Andrew boy help the poor girl out. Just think of it as a pre success business party plus I trust you as my business party not to try anything funny.”   Ira muttered something inaudible.
Poor girl my foot but it was useless trying to get out of this dilemma. It was a good thing Zara didn’t know when exactly I was coming back. “Fine, send the details of the party to my secretary.” I said not particularly to anyone as I walked out of the board room.

*** The present**

Merely thinking of the whole scenario was upsetting me. I walk up to the bar in the plane pour a glass of vodka. I hope things do not back fire on me because of this stupid party and the crazy daughter and father. I miss Zara so much damned party.

ZARA POV****

Shopping with Bryan for over three hours it was hard to tell whether I was doing it for business or for pleasure. He gave me his credit card to pay for whatever I wanted. I felt like a billionaire girlfriend when in fact, Bryan was like my boss. He was paying me large chunk of money and I couldn’t mess up at all.

We tried on a couple of clothes, my clothes weren’t hard to pick out but Bryan sense of style was nothing to write about and part of my job was to fix that. He needed a stylist but I couldn’t get one with just some hours to the party. I haven’t dressed up a male before, my best friend Andrew was an epitome of style he even dressed me up most of the time. I picked up a couple of tips from him and it was going to come in handy with Bryan.