chapter 13

*uhmm update yipee**

ANDREW LLYOD- POV

Today should be on record as the worst day of my existence. The Collins engagement party was supposed to be just fine and really a fast one until the host made a grand entrance since I was Ira’s date I also made that grand entrance.

As I glanced round the hall I noticed an image I would recognize even in the dark. Zara was here, this wasn’t her kind of thing. Over the years I had force her to attend these things but I’ll be damned that was Zara Fenty.

She looked amazing in the yellow dress that she wore. The dress was bare at the back, the mere sight made my palms tingle and I yearned to trail my fingers from her neck all the way down.

Zara was going to be the death of me or at least the reason I get sent to jail, I was feeling murderous, I wanted to wring Bryan’s neck, my reasons are very well justifiable; firstly, he was with Zara; secondly he was holding her hands; he was smiling at her; she was smiling back at him.

Possessiveness has never been my thing, I’ve been best friends with Zara almost half of my life, she always had guys flocking around her but I never got jealous or threatened but as we got older Zara matured into a beautiful young woman. I fell in love with that woman but this…this isn’t her. She threw herself at Bryan less than a week after she sneaked out of my bed.

I wanted to hate her yet I couldn’t bring myself to do it. She has made her choice I am going to make them miserable. Zara can end up with anybody else but Bryan.

Turning to my date, “Do you mind if I introduce you to some of my old friends” I said it with a wicked grin on my face. “Ehmm yeah sure I am already getting bored, I hope the girl you’ve been staring at is as cool as she looks.” Ira was smirking at me. “What? I wasn’t staring at anyone.” I denied.  “Spare me that besides she’s gorgeous I was staring too but… I thought you had a girl you were rushing to see so what’s the story?” I was frowning as we approached Zara’s table, “that was supposed to be her but I guess she found a replacement.” Ira eyes widened, “a hot replacement by the way… hey don’t be hard on yourself besides how sure are that they’re actually together, those two don’t look like love birds plus the girl has been staring at you too since we arrived.”

Smiling at me? Yeah right when she was busy laughing with that pea brain of an engineer. “For someone who says they’re bored you were observing a lot.” She rolled her eyes at me.

Zara was taking Bryan’s hand obviously they were about to have dance, her favourite song was playing. My sub conscious screamed this is supposed to be you but you screwed up. “Hi Zara…’ the look she had on was like that of a child whose toy was taken away damn I wasn’t that bad.” It was a staring contest now I completely ignored Bryan and totally forgot about Ira, I couldn’t take my eyes off Zara maybe just maybe absence does make the heart grow fonder.

I heard someone clear their throat Ira I think, “Andrew aren’t you going to introduce me to your friends.” That brought everyone back to earth. It was Zara who spoke up next, “how rude of you Andrew you completely ignored your new girlfriend, hello I’m Zara Fenty and this is my friend Bryan Adams, nice party.” She had a huge smile while she spoke the beautiful minx was up to no good I knew that smile very well.

Ira burst into laughter, “girlfriend? Nah nah you got it wrong boo. He’s just my escort and business partner but thanks, about the party I mean. Hi Bryan heard so much about you.” Bryan smiled, Ira turned me, “I like her, you both should settle your differences we could all be friends jeez too many sparks flying. Bryan I need a drink do you mind escorting me.” I noticed Zara’s blush as she dodged my gaze. Ira is so blunt and outspoken now things are weird.