chapter 12.

An update as promised :)
Enjoy the drama *winks*
N/B: Jenifer lawrence as Ira; *check multimedia*

Zara Fenty - POV

Bryan was holding my hands; we were now on the red carpet. I wasn't feeling enthusiastic like I did earlier. Andrew had called saying he was done with me, also accusing me of 'cheating' on him Bryan.

It isn't cheating if you're not with person right? But I wasn't cheating on the idiot; my arrangement with Bryan was business strictly and platonic.

The press and Andrew were blowing things out of proportion. Well it was there job (the press I mean); now it was time for me to do mine. I looked at Bryan and he nodded obviously he knew what I was thinking and going to do as we already had a detailed discussion about.

The reporters for the various Entertainment TV stations approached us for some questions. They asked about our outfit for the night. Bryan and I both knew this wasn't their main question.

The reporter finally asked; so, "Mr Bryan is Zara your girlfriend?"

I and Bryan laughed simultaneously but I let him answer the reporter, "No! we are not a couple. She's uhh my very good friend, we are just here to have really good time with a couple of our other friends and I am absolutely single." He was giving them his best smile and sure looked very handsome. Ladies that's your cue to catch this hottie I said to myself.

I thought that was going to be last of their questions when one of the reporters pushed the microphone to my face. "Zara the photos going around would tell a different story about you and Bryan" I blinked twice.

"Photos can be misleading; those photos were taken from a wrong angle. My relationship with this handsome hunk here is platonic and professional, so ladies do not be threatened." I gave them my beauty pageant smile.

As if reading my mind; Bryan held my hands and led me into the main hall.

"Zee are you okay, the questions didn't get to you I hope?"

I turned to face him directly, "I'm fine, and it's time to have fun Bryan."

We entered into the most beautiful party hall I had seen in my life. The chandeliers were made from actual diamonds, the flower bouquet also had diamonds in them it was unbelievable, everywhere was sparkling it took me all dignity not to stand and gape.

This was money overload but something looked familiar about diamonds. Only one company had that design of chandeliers, Andrew's company but I had no idea he knew the Clintons he always told me about his over the top clients.

But I didn't want to bother about that right now. I was here to have fun.

I was holding a champagne flute in hand that Bryan had collected from the waiter, it was really good stuff the Clintons knew had to have a good party.

The music collection was just impeccable from Justin Timberlake to Sam smith, Ed sheeran down to old school Celine Dion Whitney Houston and Toni Braxton. The atmosphere was just perfect for an engagement party it oozed of romance. Damn I needed romance in my life my breath heaved.

"Isn't it weird that we haven't seen any of the hosts" I whispered to Bryan who was busy with his phone. So I gave him a nudge. "Huh? Zara did you say something?"

"My God Bryan you're such a nerd would you just drop the phone for a minute and enjoy this party." "I will... I will it's just that I got a... you know what never mind I know you don't care so what was your question?"

I rolled my eyes at him, "I said we haven't seen the host yet and it's weird besides you haven't commented on the party at all ohh I forgot you were busy making billions on your phone."

"Zara that isn't fair. Huhmm, speaking of the hosts; I think they decided to make a grand entrance and Andrew is with them." He was tapping my shoulders, I was the one the phone now.

"That's not possible. Andrew isn't in town stop jok..." as I looked at the direction of the stairs I saw Andrew's arms hooked around the arm of the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. My demeanour changed I was frowning and Bryan noticed.

"uh oh this isn't good, your looks could murder your target Zee. Boy am I glad am not in Andrew's shoes right now. I shot Andrew a furious glare.

"Don't be absurd now. Whatever Andrew does with his life is his business, now let's mingle that's the reason we are here. You need to find the one remember?" I hooked my free arm in his as we moved around.

The party was going well so long as I was avoiding Andrew. The patriarch of the Clinton family made the welcome speech, introducing the rest of the family and specially introducing the engaged couple. The first daughter is Isabella. The second is Ira, the goddess who had her hands all over my Andrew, scratch that Andrew he isn't mine was never mine.

It didn't take him long to find my replacement on his so called trip once again scratch that no one can replace me. Anyways the last daughter of Don Clinton is Imelda. Apparently their names all start with the letter I.

I was glad I knew almost half of the guests; most of them were acquaintances while some were former clients and some may soon be my clients. I introduced Bryan to most of them and we all found a common ground to have fun till Mr joy-kill decided to branch at our table with his belle.

We were three sitting at the table; I, Bryan and an old colleague of mine from when I did my internship at a PR firm. We both owned our individuals companies that were thriving well, she was married but her husband couldn't attend the party and Bryan couldn't extend his claws either.

Back to Andrew and his chica they were approaching our table. Andrew face was drawn to a tight frown. I didn't need a soothsayer to tell me he was angry that I was there and with Bryan.

Because I knew he was peeved I plastered a big smile on my face even though I was shaking inwardly.

"Ehmm Zee Mr Angry is coming over here." "Ohh Bryan you silly guy really Mr angry" I feigned laughter. "Bryan let's dance my favourite song just came on." Really my favourite song came on thinking out loud by edsheeran. Yes I wanted to dance and no I'm not avoiding Andrew.

Bryan stretched out his hand and made a bow, "may I have this dance milady" he said it in an oh-so British accent making giggle.

"Yes you may my lord" I said in a similar British accent. We both erupted into sporadic laughter making some guest turn to look at us. I put my hands to cover my mouth.

"Hi Zara..." the sense of joy I was feeling earlier drained out almost immediately once I heard the hoarse male voice behind me.

I slowly turned to face Andrew and Ira. "Hello Andrew ...'' it was a staring competition with just us both in our own world ignoring Ira and Bryan. I could see disdain in his eyes it was clear he hated me now. Ira cleared her throat; "Andrew aren't you going to introduce me your friends."

Sorry guys.., a short chapter and a cliffhanger *grins* .. working on the next chapter but I need to see those comments and vote.. also, do u think Ira and Andrew should have a thing for a while Or Bryan and Zara because those two seem compatible.
Your thoughts please.