chapter 7

Zara Fenty - POV

The last time I went on an actual movie date was in college. After one ot two failed relationships in college that didn't last up to three months I stopped giving myself pressure about relationships.

All I did was study and work. It paid off real good, I'm the ceo of my company that is growing at an impressive rate. I won't deny that I have used work to compensate for the fact I was lonely and probably in love with bestfriend who has no clue.

Shrugging off the thought, I begin to search my closet for an outfit suitable for a movie date with a billionare. I pull out a purple shirt, a pair of jeans, a pair boots and clutch purse. I smile to myself my outfit was casual but elegant.

I finally decide that it was time to talk to my mom. We haven't spoken to each other since she told me abouy Bryan and still felt guilty for my reactions that day. So I decide to video call her.

After about three rings she picks up with a smile on her , " hey baby, I've missed you", I smile back at her, " hey momma I've missed you more , I'm sorry."

She nodded then said, "baby is everything okay?".

It was my turn to nod before replying her. "Yes momma everything is okay, actually I'm about to go on a date with Bryan." I had a smile on . My mom shook her head and her reply came as a shocker, "oh Zee, please don't feel obligated to see this through with Bryan, Zee take it slow with him, I want you happy not miserable."

I look at her with disbelief, this was the same woman who handed off my number to the guy in question without my permission. I knew if I said anything without thinking we probably will not speak to each other in months this time.

"Advice taken momma, gotta go now need to get dressed and all . Please take care of yourself and call if you need anything." I manage to say even though it was killing me to tell her exactly what was on my mind.

I check my watch, in ten minutes Bryan would be here to pick me up. It was perfect timing because I won't be done with just ten minutes meaning he was going to wait. Ten minutes was enough to have a nice chat with Andrew, so I get my phone and dial his number, at the first ring he picks up.

"Hey boo, how's it going?" Andrew says in his oh so naughty voice, I suspect he was uo to no good, " You rascal what are you up to now and where are you?"

He laughs, " In front of your door." he replied curtly.

I rush to the living room, "what? " I yell. The answer to my question came as a click on the door lock, I end the phone call. My hands on my waist, a huge frown on my face I ask him, " what are you doing here Andrew? "

Andrew Lloyd- POV

"What are you doing here Andrew?"

I enter into the living room smiling foolishly even though deep down I was nervous. I knew Zara was getting ready for date, so why did I come here?

"Come on Zara, when did coming to your place become a crime? "

"That's not what I mean you punk! I'm getting ready for a date but ypu know that. " she replied sounding a little bit worried.

Wanting tow lighten the mood I decide to tease her a little, "what kind of bestfriend will I be to just let you run off with a stranger." Her countenance begins to change, I notice she's trying hard not to laugh.

"Really? Run off? Stranger? Andrew we knew this guy back in high school." She rolled her eyes.

Wanting to argue out my point and feelig the urge to finally confess my feelings, "Yes, stranger. You've not known anything about this guy in years and suddenly he shows up and what? " I have no Idea what I'm doing.

Zara is staring at me with disbelief. "Well that's why we're going out to get to know each other. Andrew boo are you paranoid Bryan is stealing your bestie."

I frown at her, "That's ridiculous, he can't steal you from me even if he was Chris Hemsworth. "

This was my cue to tell her everything and damn the consequence, it was bound to go either way. "Look Zara we have to talk." She nods then says, " Andrew is everything okay? What's going on?"

I move close to her, " Zara I'm fine and everything is okay, it's just that... " I was cut off by a knock on the door. I sigh .

Zara looks at the door, "Hold that thought Andrew, that should be Bryan. I'm not even dressed." She goes to open the door, then I hear her say, " Hi Bryan, please come in."

They both walk in , he hands the flowers over to Zara. A pang of jealousy hits me what was his problems with flowers anyway.

"Bryan remember Andrew my bestfriend", I heard Zara tell the guy. He stretched his hand out a for a hand shake, I return the gesture. It was Bryan's turn to speak, "So you're still friends, the way you both were, one would think you'll both be married with kids."

His statement made me feel awkward, if I didn't know better I would bet Zara was blushing. Zara spoke up, "That's ridiculous now, I have to get dressed. Andrew please keep him company, I wont take long. She looked at Bryan , "there's drinks in the refrigerator help yourself." Then she walked away.

Suddenly feeling thirsty, I get up move to the fridge bring out two beers hand one over Bryan. As I sit down I felt strange , I looked up and saw the guy smiling at me. "What?" I ask him sounding a little bit rude.

"I need to ask a favor, I'm going to ask Zee to be my girlfriend officially." It was my turn to stare at him, this guy right here was going to drive me crazy this night.

"So what does that have to do with me?" He shook his head. "It has everything to do with you, you're in love with her and she might share the same feeling. I need you to back off."

I couldn't believe my ears, this guy was going to get his face redesigned in any minute. As I stand up, I pull Bryan up with me and I punch him. "You sonofabitch! Who do you think you are to tell me what to do! I'm going to redesign that billionare face of yours." I yell at him.

I hear Zara shout from her bedroom door, "Andrew! what the hell do you think you're doing Stop it now!"

I leave him on the floor. Zara rushes off to help him up.

"What the hell happened here? " Zara was asking the both of us.

"Listen , Zara you can't go out with this asshole." I say to her. She looks up at me , I see disappointment in her eyes.

"Andrew we talked about this, you know what you need to leave." I looked up Zara , it was my turn to feel disappointed, everything was just about tongo wrong because of this SOB. I turn around and leave without saying a word.