chapter 14

Zara Fenty - POV

"What are you doing here by this time?"

When I opened I was perplexed, not in a million years would I have imagined this person at my front door today and by this time. "What are you doing here by this time ?" i asked again as I stepped out and locked my door.

Unbelievable Ira was at my door."Well hi to you too Zara, don't worry I am not a stalker or anything it's just that we have a problem." I was getting worried now. "A problem, what's going on?"

I didn't need any bad news now I crossed my fingers as I folded my hands.Ira was nodding, "yeah it's Andrew?" I became tensed, "Andrew? Is he okay what's going on now?"

Ira smiled, why was she smiling? I was going to yell at her to speak up when she said, "He's super drunk." I sighed heavily with relief. That was it he was drunk; damn this girl should never tell a story."That's why you're here because Andrew couldn't hold his liquor?"

I was getting to my boiling point, yes I had that. Did I forget to mention I had temper issues especially when I hear insanely ridiculous things as this one?

"Wow Zara easy before you burn me down. The thing is ....." she trailed off or I think I zoned out when I saw Andrew's driver Jackson supporting Andrew as the elevator door opened.

Obviously he passed out. "Ira you brought him here? How did you even know where I lived?" that should have been my first question.

"Ehmm Jackson told me or drove us here. Can we like go in before we wake your neighbours." She gestured at the door.

We got into my apartment but I waited for Jackson to help Andrew to the couch. "So why did Jackson not take him home instead of coming here?" I was asking too many questions but I needed the answers.

It's not every day a person you just met brings your drunken best friend to your apartment. "I didn't know the extent of his relationship with his driver. I just wanted him safe."

Jackson interrupted her before she went on. "I told her he was safe with me Ms Zee but she's so stubborn." She fired back at him, "well I don't trust you and I don't know you at all." I haven't seen Jackson so worked up like this. Ira got to him I guess.

"Well your apartment is safe." I said through my teeth. "Zara what the hell... from what Bryan said you're best friends. Why is this a big deal?" Ira was slowly losing it I could sense it.

I wanted to speak up but she continued. "I could have taken him to my place but I have a kid who might wake up to the noise and start asking questions. I also don't want things to be weird."

Her explanation made sense, "I'm sorry I'm just over reacting. It's a lil bit unexpected." She tapped my shoulder. "Yeah I know, I have to go now so take care of him and you." She hugged me before she marched for the door, Jackson was about to follow her.

"Uhmm Jackson I'll give you a call so you can bring him a change of clothes, you have the keys right?"

"sure Zee take care of yourself goodnight" I heard him tell Ira to keep the elevator door open but she yelled at him, told him to walk faster instead.

If I didn't know better I would say those two were attracted to each other. I couldn't blame either of them Jackson is just over five years older than Ira with a body to die for, I was sure he definitely had a six pack under his always well-tailored suit. Something about him seemed familiar and outplace but Andrew always thought I was just attracted to his looks. Also, Ira is a gorgeous smart mouthed sweet lady which guy wouldn't want her.

What to do with Andrew Lloyd; who was seriously snoring on my couch in his suit. I locked my doors and moved to the couch where he was then it hit me; how much I missed him.

Bending down I started to remove his jacket, shoes and other things to make him comfortable, I covered him with the spare blanket.I was about to stand up and leave when I heard him mumble. "Don't leave me Zee." His breath heaved, I was shocked I thought he was drunk or was this a joke. "Andrew is this some joke now." I was gradually getting upset. "Andrew Andrew!!" I called out his name twice but got no response. Argghh the fool was really drunk.

I turned around in a huff strangely I really wanted him to be awake.

******************
Zara and Andrew alone together, I hope they make up this time. Hmm I hope. *evil grin*
Thanks for your votes and comments. Lots of love from susancyril!! Keep voting and commenting.
A big shoutout to @isabelspiff my best friend who's going through stuff right now everything will be fine. Love you muchos!