chapter 5

Andrew Lloyd- POV

Playing games on my xbox just to avoid thinking about Zara and our conversation over lunch but I was losing in the game, that only made me pissed .

Damn you Bryan Adams was all I could say. Yes, I'm such a fool for making it even easier for them to hook up.

I should have told her about my feelings, told her how we would make such a wonderful couple but instead I decide to be a supportive best friend. What could be worse than being friend zoned by someone? That would be being friend zoned by yourself, I mean Zara doesn't even know about my feelings. I need to stop assuming things and man up.

I reach for my phone dial Zara's line, she pick ups immediately, "Hello Andrew, I was just about to call you, so I got call from Bryan and we're having dinner tonight." hearing her say it with excitement I forget what I called her for and I feign excitement too, "that's good, was just calling to make sure you're home safe, enjoy your date boo." Her reply couldn't have been any worse, " aww thanks bestie".

I stroll to wine bar adjacent my dining area, pick a bottle of vodka and glass. Playing games on xbox wasn't going to help my current state.

Zara Fenty- POV

10:30 pm. As I undress, I remember how the evening and dinner was, I smile to my self because it was better than I expected. Bryan turned out to be different from what I expected. I guess he matured over the years.

The conversations we had were infact not boring even though he seemed to always digress at some point but his sense of humour had improved over time. Most of all he was a perfect gentleman from start to finsh.

Deep down, I was praying he did something that would be a turn off thus giving me a door out. After sometime I felt bad for trying to hold something over him and decided to allow myself enjoy the evening, which surprisingly I did.

I remove my phone from my purse and I open up an instant message app, scroll down to Andrew's profile click on it and type " So im bck frm my d8.. it wasnt bad at all .. he's so diffrnt now" I click on send, hoping to start a conversation.

I enter into the bathroom take a cold shower, so once my back touches the bed I can sleep off. After wearing just my robe, I check my phone for Andrew's reply which read " dats nice , good to know u had fun.. super tired need to sleep xx." I shrug at his reply, I was sleepy any way so we'll save the details for another day. I climb my bed, draw up the covers and go to sleep.