Chapter 1.50: To Survive (The Investigation)

I made my way to the gym like Monokuma said to over the announcements. I waited there for a small while with everyone else, not anything to talk to anyone else at the moment. They all looked pretty freaked out about the body and the fact that Makoto was still unconscious. I was debating whether or not to all to Byakuya but decided against it. Walking up to him would have totally ruined the vibe we left it on, and I should give him a break to figure out who it was.

Soon enough, Makoto woke up startling, pretty much everyone. It was obvious he was out of it. Even Byakuya stepped in to talk sense into him. I wasn't too concerned since this s to be expected of someone whose friend was just murdered.

My attention is soon caught by a certain black and white bear suddenly appearing.

"I would never do that! If you can believe anything, you can believe that!" He says. I can kind of guess what he's replying to, but not my main priority right now.

"He's here again..." Leon states.

"Unless someone violates a school regulation, I absolutely will not interfere. I can promise you, I won't do anything that goes against the purpose of your school life here. I'm famous at safari parks throughout the world for following the 'Bear-Times-One-' rule!" Monokuma continues. Well, that's good to know. I think.

"Then...Who did it? Who killed her?" Chihiro asks. I mean, it's kind of obvious if you use the process of elimination but I suppose most people aren't fond of murderers. I swear it's not just me though, there have definitely got to be other people out there whose taste in fictional men is as bad as mine. It's also not my fault that they make the serial killers hot and relatable like it should be a crime. Not really because I love them too much, but still!

"Hmm? What's the matter? You guys look like you're about to see a dove get shot up with a battling gun. Don't you remember what I told you when this all began?" Not really that was like, 1-2 days ago? But get it I guess. "One of you decided to kill Sayaka so you could graduate! Someones just following the rules. There's nothing wrong with that!" Monokuma finishes. I mean, yes but also no.

Somethings were said after that, and everyone looked pretty confused and scared. Of course, that leads to everyone freaking out. Byakuya ended up stepping in with a question to ask the bear.

"If one of us really did kill her, that person gets to graduate from the school, right?"

"...Huh?" Monokuma answers.

"Don't play dumb! That's what you said Isn't it!? If you kill someone, you get to leave!" Byakuya yells. If I didn't know better, I'd think he was the killer with that outburst, but, luckily, I do.

Monokuma just starts laughing which I think is irritating Byakuya even more, but he's decided to let it go for now.

"Why are you laughing!?" Dollar store Kirishima asks.

"It's cuz... Naive... You're just so naive! You think it's really that easy? You can just kill someone and waltz on outta here? You're super naive! Devilishly naive! HELLISHLY NAIVE! No no no, the real thing has just begun." Usually killing is never that simple. Sadly.

After some blah, blah, blahing, Monokuma lets out that we have to get away with the murder to graduate. AS YOU DO WITH MOST MURDERS! I swear this is like murder 101 people, get with the times. I bet you a1 billion dollars we are gonna have to go through some like court style trial or whatever. You wanna know why I think that? BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT YOU DO TO FIGURE OUT WHO COMMITTED A MURDER. If it's literally anything else but a trial, I'll kill someone for the bear, but if I'm right..... Well, I don't know yet, HOWEVER, I will be so happy I was right.