Chapter 2.75: Boys Life of Despair(Class Trial)

Not everyone was there when Byakuya and I arrived at the elevator. The most notable abscenses being Makoto and Toko. The former arriving just shortly after we, and the later... well, not at all. Isn't it against the rules not to participate in the class trial? I specifically remember thats what Junko was mad about when she died. At the time Monokuma said he'd throw you in a deep and scary dungeon, but knowing him, death is more likely. I'd like to say I wouldn't be bothered by this, but Toko dying would sort of kinda RUIN OUR PLAN. How are they gonna find out Toko is Genocide Jack if said genocider has been genocided?

"Ahem, so...is everyone ready to-whaaat!? Am I blind, or are we missing someone?" Monokuma asked suddenly popping up from nowhere.

"Yeah, Toko's not here," mr. delinquent answers.

"And Toko is...?"

"The bitch," I joke to myself.

"Kidding! I'm just kidding. How could I forget that little nutjob?" I wish I could forget. "She's a crucial part of the trial this time!" That's what I'm sayinggg. As bad as Monokuma is at least he's helping us with our plan. "Okie dokie, I'll go ahead and drag her out here kicking and screaming. Just one moment, please!" Monokuma finished as he vanished from sight, returning moments later with Toko exactly as promised.

"Hehehe hey, look, you were right," I whisper, getting a small chuckle out of Byakuya.

"I t-told him I didn't want to, but... h-he forced me! I can't believe you would d-drag a girl around. Terrible...! You're t-terrible!" Toko screamed. At this point she really shouldn't be surprised. Finally we could get in the elevator now.

"So, shall we get going? It's time to find out who killed Chihiro," Byakuya said leading the way. It's a little funny how eager he is.

"I hope you're ready to bet," I joke following him.

The trip down the elevator was the same as last time. Completely silent. I wonder if mr. lucky is going to figure it out. Once we got there everyone headed to their podium while Monokuma went on about redecorating or something, I was to busy placing my vote for Mondo.

"Don't waste our time with stupid questions. Let's get this over with," Byakuya said. It's so nice seeing him so excited for a change or at least I'd count this as excited. I know it's probably about the plan and seeing if everyone can figure it out, but maybe he also wants to see if I was right about my guess. I mean, he did think I was silly for thinking Mondo just based off the dumbbell.

Monokuma seemed happy about Byakuya's eagerness to start and proceeded to tell everyone about the rules of the trial again. Not sure why he would do that if he wanted it to start quicker too, but does Monokuma do anything according to reason?

The first thing on the list of things to discuss was the weapon. What killed Chihiro. To some it may seem obvious, but to others it was a god damn iron pipe. Now I don't know what everyone saw, but I sure as hell saw a dumbbell covered in blood. I did not, in fact, see an iron pipe anywhere. I'm not saying the psychics stupid, maybe he just didn't see the weight. But why is Taka even ackowledging it!? He was one of the first people there. Is he trying to fullfill the nickname I gave him? I'm flattered but now is not the time. Thank death Makoto spoke up cause there is no way this should have ever been a debate.

"If you don't mind, I will proceed from here. Let's move on to discussion of the culprit," Byakuya spoke changing the subject. "Although, I believe the criminal for this heinous act is already quite clear." Here we go.

"What? For real!?" The psychic chimed shocked.

"Chihiro's killer is... the fiendish serial killer, Genocide Jack," Byakuya claimed. I didn't think he'd say it so early, but I guess it doesn't really make a difference if it's now or later. I wish I could help him prove it, but since Byakuya doesn't want me to say I was ever in the library, I should probably keep it hidden I know who Genocide Jack is.