to my dismay

They dropped Pope off first. They then started driving to JJ's house.

"Kie, what do you say? It's either stay here with me and the weed, or go stay with.. well no weed." He tilted his head to the left not knowing where he was going.

Kiara let out a chuckle. "Beings that I havn't exactly been invited to stay at John B's since I got kicked out, sure I'll stay with you"

"Nice, sleeping in the same house as hot stuff" he smirked.

"Separate rooms" She declared raising a single eyebrow and smiling.

He laughed.

They arrived at JJ's house.

"Up and out, I'm sick of your face" John B said motioning to JJ

"You love me" He said opening the door, leading the way for Kiara.

Sarah and John B looked at each other as they saw the two walk up to the door together, for they didn't hear their conversation because they were in the front.

"Hmm" Sarah turned her gaze back to the two. "I just figured she'd be staying with us"

John B shrugged. "Me too" he said before driving off.

---

As soon as JJ and Kiara got into the house, JJ kicked off his shoes and threw his jacket on the couch. Immediately he walked over to the fridge. He merely looked half a second before grabbing a case of beer and a half eaten pepperoni pizza.

"Hungry?" He placed the box on the counter.

"How long has that been in there?" She squinted her eyes looking at the pizza.

"I don't know like 2 days. Just eat a piece it's good"

"Nothing to lose" she giggled reaching for the pizza.

They chatted and laughed as they ate. After they were finished, JJ went into his room, walking out with his pillow and blanket. He tossed it on the couch.

"You're sleeping on the couch?"

"It's either that or I sleep with you" he teased smirking.

"Oh my gosh JJ" She walked into his room and threw her backpack on his bed. "It's definitely not cleaner than I expected"

He came up and stood in the doorway.

"Eh" he shrugged. "Oh!" The boy walked out and was gone for about five minute before coming back in with a few things. "I managed to find some clean sheets for you, a blanket and a pillow" he dumped them into her arms.

"Oh- thanks"

"Yep enjoy" he started to walk out.

"Hey, JJ?"

"Yeah?" He turned around to face her.

"Thank you, for everything you've done" her voice was sincere "you've helped me a lot these past few days"

"Yeah of course. We're Pogues.." he said looking down.

Kiara pov:

He's done so much for me lately. He comforted me when I had the fight with my parents, he actually saved me, and now giving up his room for me.

I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around him. "Thank you" I whispered.

JJ pov:

The feeling I felt when she hugged me was a feeling I've never felt before.. Except once. The night in the hot tub when she hugged me. Those feelings I felt then havn't left.

Without hesitation, I swung my arms around her, feeling the warmth I feel I always need. The comfort of her embrace, the feeling that someone actually cares. I closed my eyes and took in the moment.

She pulled away looking straight into my eyes. What beautiful brown eyes she had. I caught myself thinking about her and forced myself to stop. It's never going to happen JJ. I've always known she was my closest friend, but lately it's felt different. Like maybe there's something between us.

I tried shaking those thoughts. "Goodnight Kiara" I said as I broke the gaze.

"Goodnight J"

And with that, I walked out.

---

I woke up the next morning before Kiara, which kind of surprised me. I snuck into my room to get some clean clothes. I glanced over at the sleeping girl. I couldn't help but think it was cute. She was somehow almost on the other side of the bed, her hair was all messy. I stumbled on an old baseball bat, which led me to hitting my funny one on the dresser drawer, forcing me to fall to the floor. "Owww" I silently screamed. I stood up fearing I would wake her. I quickly grabbed some random clothes and walked into the bathroom to take a shower.

When I got out she was already up, looking in the cupboards. "Got any cereal or anything?"

"Nope, just what's in the fridge" he ran his hand through his wet hair.

She nodded. "How bout breakfast, on me?"

"I could never say no to a free meal" he pointed to me smiling.

"Yeah yeah, just come on"

They walked to a small restaurant and went inside. JJ ordered an egg McMuffin with extra bacon and chocolate milk, Kiara ordered scrambled eggs with bacon and an orange juice.

---

Sarah woke up next to John B with a smile spread through her face. She got up out of bed and walked out into the kitchen. She came back with a glass of water. Before she could sit back down, she had an incoming call. To her surprise it was Wheezy.

"WHEEZY!!" She yelled.

"Sarah!!"

"I can't believe it!! Where are you, how are you?"

"I don't know Sarah I need your help"

Sarah furrowed her brows. "What's going on?"

"It's dad-" she took a long pause

"Wheezy talk to me, what's going on?"

John B woke up from Sarah. His face full of confusion.

"I heard him and Rose talking. Sarah- they were talking about how Rafe killed someone"

"Oh no" Sarah mumbled to herself.

"They got into a fight, Rose said Ward taught him, that Rafe is turning out like him. What does that mean Sarah? Rafe is turning out like him?? Did dad kill someone?"

"Wheeze-"

"Sarah I just want to see you. Ever since we got to this place Rafe has been acting angrier than usual, and so has dad." Her voice was shaky

"What place? Where are you?"

"Sarah they're fighting right now!"

Sarah became very concerned. "Is there any way you can hear what they're saying without letting them see you?"

"Yeah, hold on."
She didn't answer for almost 10 minutes. "Oh my gosh Sarah!!! He said Big John showed up to dad out on the street and that- that he's still alive. And dad said he's going to kill him because John will tell everyone Wards alive."

Sarah's mouth dropped. "Holy shit"

John B got up walking over to Sarah. "What's going on??"

Sarah looked up at John B.

"Sarah tell me what's happening."

"John B-"

-----------------------------------------------------------
😳😳😳😳😳😳😳