pulling us together

"Clear!" The doctor said again before shocking her.

"Please Kie, please don't die!"

Panic filled my body as the brunette laid on the bed, breathless.

I grabbed hold of her hand with both of mine. "DO SOMETHING!!" I cried out breathlessly. "Please!" My voice was shaky and full of emotion. "I can't lose you Kie!!"

"Shock her again. Her brain has had lack for oxygen for almost too long." One of the doctors stated.

"No...no" a whisper escaped my lips, as tears started falling. "I need you"

The doctor shocked her one more time. They all watched her waiting.

...

"she's back!" The doctor pronounced giving a sigh of relief.

I smiled while I wiped a tear, still grasping her hand with my other.

"We just need to wait for her to wake up" the doctor nodded reassuringly. "She's going to be fine"

"Thank you" I rested my head on the bed by her while I waited for her to wake up. It took about 20 minutes for her to awake, by then we were already at the hospital in a room.

"JJ?" Kiara asked short of breath.

I lifted my head up off the bed and squeezed her hand. "It's okay Kie, you're okay"

"Where am I?" She asked quickly glancing around the room.

"You're in the hospital" I responded in a low voice.

"Is everyone okay??"

"Everyone's fine. They're all in the waiting room" I said nodding my head towards the door.

"You stayed with me?" She asked giving a faint smile.

"Of course" I smiled softly stroking her hand. "They would only allow one person in here until you woke up, that's why they're all out there"

"But you stayed" She looked deep into my eyes with her sparkling browns. For a moment I was breathless as we gazed into one another's eyes. Everything was silent and the earth stood still, leaving only me and her together, alone.

"Kie, I thought-" my voice cracked as the words were fading away. "I thought.. you were gone"

"I'm not J, I'm right here" the way she looked at me melted my heart, something happened to me I've never felt before.

I felt as if we were being pulled together, like someone or something was pulling me towards her, forcing me to kiss her. I wanted to kiss her. I wanted nothing more than to feel her lips on mine.

We still were staring into each other's eyes, when a knock at the door broke it, followed by a man coming in. It was the doctor. He explained the injuries to us. "Okay so you're the boyfriend, I'm guessing you're the one who's going to be looking after her?" The man turned to me.

"Oh- I'm uh not her boyfriend" I looked at Kiara and straight at the ground awkwardly.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I just assumed from-" he stopped himself. "You two would look really good together" he smiled and walked out of the room, closing the door behind him.

Kiara raised her eyebrows as I looked back up to her... I started laughing and she did the same. Just then, the rest of the group came in.

"What's so funny?" Sarah smiled walking over to us.

I cleared my throat and got up. "Uh nothing" I walked back a bit before looking at Kie again, giving a small chuckle as she giggled back.

Sarah looked at the two before turning back to Kiara. "I'm so glad your okay!" She said pulling her into a hug.

They all exchanged hugs with the girl and a few words.

"So how long do you have to stay?" John B asked.

"I can leave tomorrow" she responded.

He nodded back and smiled.

---

Kiara fell asleep soon, right after, JJ fell asleep in the chair, and the rest of them went out into the waiting room and slept.

---

Kiara pov:

I woke up before JJ. I laid in the bed and looked over at him. It warmed my heart that out of everyone, he was there for me. It's always been him. A smile began to form at the same time I studied the blonde.

There's something about him. I thought to myself. Something I felt I needed.

-----------------------------------------------------------