I Wanna Help You

It had been almost two weeks since the events of Jurassic World and the Masrani Foundation was still trying to figure things out, which meant everyone still had to stay where they were. The medication that the doctors had given (Y/N) only helped for about a half-hour then she refused to sleep, she was too scared. She never strayed far from Owen, he didn't really mind but he needed to try something new to help her. He had tried everything and all that was left was therapy since he couldn't go back in time and get her off the island before everything went downhill. Even though she stayed close to him she always kept her head down and never made eye contact. She was sitting on one of the beds in the hotel room, staring at the floor.
"Pretty interesting floor huh?" Owen asked trying to get a smile or at least some sort of a reaction from her, he got no reaction whatsoever.
He knelt down closer to the floor hoping to get her to look at him. Nonesuch luck.
"Hey, we're gonna go somewhere new today, I think they can help you but you have to try, please," Owen practically begged.
"Maybe we can go get some food afterward?" Owen continued.
She shrugged her shoulders, he sighed and stood up before picking her up off the bed and leaving the hotel room. It was only a few blocks to the therapist that the Masrani Foundation had found for him since it was technically an after effect of the events of Jurassic World and partly medical it fell to the Foundation to take care of it. Owen couldn't really do much because the therapist wanted to talk to (Y/N) alone most of the time.
"So, (Y/N), I heard you went through some pretty scary things 2 weeks ago?" The therapist more asked than said to try and get her to look up from the floor.
She just shrugged her shoulders again.
"You know, I wanna help you, but I can't if you won't work with me."
She stayed staring at the floor.
"Okay, so we don't talk about that, what do you wanna talk about?" The therapist asked.
Again she shrugged her shoulders.
"Well, do you like reading?" She asked.
This time (Y/N) nodded.
"Well, I've got a bunch of books. What do you like to read?"
"Anything I guess," (Y/N) replied quietly, still staring at the floor.
The therapist got up and grabbed a bunch of random books off the shelf and (Y/N) spent the next 40 minutes sitting on the floor reading. After those 40 minutes had passed the therapist wanted to talk to Owen alone.
"Was she always that antisocial?"
"No, that started a few hours after we got off the island," Owen replied.
"Did you ever read to her as a kid?"
"Just about every night why?" Owen asked curiously.
"That's all she did, she sat on the floor and read. I think she's trying to tell us what's wrong through her actions without knowing it."
Owen gave her a confused look.
"Once she got to this book, she didn't read any of the other ones," The therapist said handing him the book.
The book was "How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight?"
"I want you to take that with you, give it to her later and see what she does, bring her back tomorrow," The therapist told him.
"Did she say anything to you?" Owen asked.
"All I got her to say was that she guessed she liked to read anything."
Owen just nodded his head thoughtfully before leaving.
"You ready to go?" Owen asked (Y/N), he earned a nod, he'd take what he could get.
"You wanna get some food?" Owen asked after picking her up.
She just looked back over his shoulder.
Eventually, it started to get dark, Owen had left the book on one of the counters, when he came back he found her sitting on the floor reading.
"You like this book?" Owen asked as he sat down next to her.
She nodded.
"What's it about?" Owen asked as he looked over at the book.
She shrugged her shoulders.
"I just look at the pictures, too many words," That was the first time she had talked to him in almost 2 weeks.
"You want me to read it to you?" Owen asked.
She nodded her head and handed him the book. He took the book and moved over to lean up against the side of one of the beds.
"Come here," Owen invited, patting the floor beside him.
She crawled over and sat down next to him. He put his arm around her and then began to read her the book. When he got to the end of the book he looked down at her. She was sound asleep, he smiled and didn't dare to move. He set the book down beside him and grabbed a blanket off the bed and gently draped it over her, then put his head back, and also fell asleep.