Visiting An Old Friend

Owen didn't tell (Y/N) who they were going to visit on Christmas Eve so during the whole drive there (Y/N) tried to guess who.
"Why don't you just wait and see?" Owen asked after about 20 minutes.
"Because that would be no fun," (Y/N) replied simply from the backseat.
He just kept his mouth shut for that one, he couldn't really argue with it.
"How long until we get there?" (Y/N) asked.
"15-20 minutes," Owen replied simply.
"Who are we going to see?"
"You already asked that."
"But you never answered it."
"Just wait and see."
"Oh come on, can't you at least give me a hint?"
"Well, you know them."
"That doesn't exactly narrow it down," (Y/N) said in an unenthusiastic tone.
"But it is a hint," Owen said with a mischievous smirk on his face.
She just glared at him from the backseat, after a few moments he started laughing.
"What?" (Y/N) asked, seriously confused as to why he was laughing.
"It's just funny when you try to look mad," Owen replied simply.
She just shrugged her shoulders and went on asking questions about everything under the sun for the next 17 minutes.
"Are we there yet?" (Y/N) asked for about the 30th time.
"Yes, we are finally here," Owen said, just as happy to finally be there as she was.
(Y/N) looked out the window at the small cabin completely surrounded by trees on all sides. She was too distracted by the scenery to notice a person walk out of the house. Owen tapped her shoulder to get her attention and then pointed to the door. Her eyes followed his point before they fell on a familiar figure.
"Barry!!" (Y/N) shouted excitedly running towards him.
As soon as she got to him she latched onto one of his legs and refused to let go, Barry was her godfather and he had always watched her when Owen had to go somewhere as long as he wasn't needed elsewhere. Next to Owen, he was the person who (Y/N) had spent most of her childhood with.
"Hey, kid. How have you been?" Barry asked with a smile on his face.
She finally let go of him, "Pretty good, our new house is awesome."
After that, they went into the house, Owen managed to catch up with Barry before they went in.
"Thanks for having us over, she needs something normal," Owen said.
"Don't worry about it, if you guys weren't here I'd be sitting by myself. Plus I actually kinda missed you guys," Barry replied jokingly with a laugh.
"Don't miss the dinos though," Barry added.
"Definitely not," Owen replied laughing slightly.
"What are you two scheming over there?" (Y/N) asked with her hands on her hips, again trying to look mad.
Both men started laughing.
"See! Even he thinks it's funny," Owen said pointing to Barry.
The next few hours were spent simply catching up on what had been going on since they last saw each other. Unfortunately, only 2 short hours after they got there they had to leave since there was a fairly big storm on the way and they didn't want to get stuck there.
"Do we have to go?" (Y/N) asked sadly.
"Yeah, we wanna be home before the weather gets bad," Owen replied as she got into the vehicle.
Owen buckled her in and then shut the door.
Before Owen could get in Barry came out of the house again with a bag and walked up to him, "Here, I got you guys a little something."
"You didn't have to," Owen said before taking it from him.
"I know," Barry simply replied.
"Thank you," Owen said.
"Don't mention it, now get going," Barry said jokingly.
And with that, they were on their way back home, they made it home only a few minutes before the storm hit.
"Well, what should we do now?" Owen asked.
She shrugged her shoulders.
"Well, we could see what Barry got us," Owen suggested.
She seemed to perk up at this idea and nodded her head excitedly.
"Here," Owen said, handing her the bag.
It didn't take long for her to uncover what was in the bag. She went completely silent and still for a few moments and Owen began to worry. Then, a smile slowly spread across her face and she started to laugh ever so slightly. Owen watched as she pulled out two familiar things, the same two games Barry and (Y/N) had always played while Owen was gone, the Chutes and Ladders, and Monopoly board games.
"How did he get those?" Owen thought to himself, after all the last time they had been seen was under the TV stand back on the island just before Jurassic World went crazy.
They spent the rest of the day playing those board games, he hadn't seen that side of her since Jurassic World, consistently happy and excited. All good things must come to an end especially when it's time to go to bed on Christmas Eve.
He tucked her in and got up to turn the lamp off, "You better go to sleep, Santa might not stop if you're awake."
So, she went to sleep, excited for the next morning. Owen went to his own bed, completely ready to be woken up by an excited, screaming child. Sure enough, 6:30 the next morning he heard her little feet making their way down the hall to the living room where the tree was. He smiled slightly as he heard her feet come running back towards his room. It was only a few more moments of peace before she jumped on his bed.
"Santa came!" (Y/N) shouted excitedly.
"Uh-huh," Owen said barely opening one eye to look at her standing on his bed, he loved to mess with her.
She jumped back onto the floor and grabbed onto his arm and quite literally tried to drag him out of his bed, "Come on! You gotta get up!"
Soon, her hands slipped and she fell to the floor, thankfully, kids bounce back pretty easily and she was back jumping on his bed trying to get him to get up. Finally, he decided that he had messed with her enough.
"Alright, alright, fine, I'm getting up," Owen said.
A/N: So I type story updates during school with spare time and I only have 3 days left and those are final test days so I might not be updating as much but I will still try to update as much as I can! Please stick with me! Thank you guys for so many reads! I can hardly believe it!