Happy Birthday Baby Girl

Over the next few weeks, they got a plan figured out for (Y/N)'s birthday, and when her birthday finally rolled around she was practically bouncing off the walls. Owen was up first, as usual, he had the day off work and obviously, she didn't have to go to daycare so there was no need to wake her up early. Surprisingly, it wasn't long before he heard her making her way out of her room and down the hall. However, when (Y/N) made it to the living room/kitchen area Owen was nowhere to be seen, she looked around curiously for a few moments before she felt his arms wrap around her from behind.

"Happy birthday baby girl," Owen whispered in her ear before kissing the side of her head and picking her up.

"So, how old are you now?" Owen asked as if he didn't know.

She shifted herself to face him, "You know."

"4?" 

"Daddy, that was last year," (Y/N) said with a laugh.

"Hm, 6?" Owen asked with a childish grin.

"Try again."

"I'm all out of guesses," Owen said shrugging his shoulders.

"Daddy, I'm five," (Y/N) said matter-of-factly while holding up five fingers.

"No way, you're not that old yet," Owen said determined to mess with her.

"Well, technically I'm still 4 until sometime this afternoon," (Y/N) said.

"Smart-aleck," Owen whispered.

"I heard that," (Y/N) said unable to stop herself from laughing any longer.

"I know. So, we have a few hours until we have to go into town, so what do you wanna do?" Owen asked.

She shrugged her shoulders.

"Do you know anything?" Owen asked sarcastically.

Again she shrugged her shoulders causing Owen to laugh. They managed to pass the time by playing games which mostly consisted of Owen messing with her just because he could. 

"We gotta leave soon, why don't you go get changed?" Owen more said than asked.

"Okay!" (Y/N) replied happily.

Once she was ready they headed into town to the park the daycare went to almost every day, they were having a little get-together/party there.

"Are you excited?" Owen asked as she got out of the vehicle, she never really bothered to wait for him unless she was tired.

She nodded her head excitedly. It wasn't long before the rest of the kids showed up, Barry had been invited but hadn't been able to make it due to work. (Y/N) was going from one part of the park to the other with the kids so fast that Owen had trouble keeping up with where she was. But she was having fun and that was what mattered, they spent about 2 hours running around the park before they finally calmed down, well, they never really calmed down but they stayed in one basic spot. (Y/N) ended up at her favorite spot at any park, the swings.

"Daddy, will you push me?" (Y/N) called.

"Sure," Owen replied walking over to her. 

The nice thing for Owen was that he barely had to do anything, she was getting a hang of the whole swinging by herself thing. Eventually, it was time for cake.

"Daddy?" (Y/N) asked as they walked back over to the picnic table.

"Hm."

"I miss Blue, she's been involved in all of my birthdays," (Y/N) said sadly.

This wasn't the first time she had said she missed Blue since Jurassic World fell, and she was right even when she was born Owen had left Blue to be with her, and after that every birthday they always set aside a half-hour to go see the Raptors. 

"I wonder if she's still alive," (Y/N) thought aloud, Blue had been the one to keep the Indominous away from her on Main Street.

"She's smart, even without her pack she'll have found a way to survive," Owen reassured her, "Come on, you got a wish to make."

After the candles had been blown out and everyone had cake, it had been a basic cake because (Y/N) didn't even know what she wanted, it was time for presents. She mostly got toys, she was never a Barbie doll kid, she likes more stuff like dinos, dragons, animals, etc. After another hour or so of talking and playing they all headed home or daycare. 

"Did you have a good day?" Owen asked as they drove home.

She nodded her head, Owen was watching the clock in the vehicle closely, and when it hit a certain time he called back to her.

"Hey, guess what?" 

"What?" (Y/N) asked curiously.

They arrived home and Owen put the vehicle in park before answering.

"Exactly 5 years ago today was one of the best moments of my life. You're officially 5 baby girl," Owen answered.

He hadn't come to tell her the circumstances of her birth just yet, she just smiled back at him.

She asked the same question she asked every year as soon as she got out of the vehicle, "Am I taller?"

"A little," Owen replied.

When they got in the house she got to open her presents from Owen, similar to Christmas but that wasn't all.

"I wanna show you something," Owen said leading her to his room.

He took a tablet out of one of the drawers and turned it on.

"I called in a little favor, most of the security cameras from the island have shut down but there are still a few that are working," Owen said as he pulled up a video.

Something flashed by one camera and then it switched to a different camera, one that gave an almost perfect view of Owen and (Y/N)'s old home on the island. Most of the windows were smashed but slowly a figure stalked into view, walked up to the house, and looked in one of the windows, it was Blue. She walked back and forth on the porch before laying down on a sunny part of the porch.

"That's from earlier today, she's okay," Owen said as she watched the footage.

Then the screen went black, the camera shut down.