Here We Go. . .

She just looked up innocently at him, how could he tell her that her mother never even wanted her to be born and left the second she could. He thought for a few seconds which seemed like hours trying to come up with an answer that would work. 

 "That's kind of a long story, I promise I'll tell you the whole thing once you're a little older," Owen eventually said. 

 She seemed sufficed by that answer. 

 "How much older?" (Y/N) asked. 

 "We'll see. So, what do you wanna do today?" Owen asked, more than ready for the topic to change. 

 "Are we gonna have a Christmas tree this year?" (Y/N) asked. 

 "We got a fake one, you wanna do that?" Owen replied. 

 "Sure!" (Y/N) replied cheerily as she jumped off the couch. 

 "What I wouldn't give for just a little bit of that energy," Owen joked as he stood up. 

 They spent most of that day putting the fake tree together and decorating it which took some time because they realized they had no decorations so they had to go to town. The time seemed to fly by and there were presents under the tree, it was also only a day before they went to Owen's parents. 

 "When was the last time you saw your parents?" (Y/N) asked suddenly after supper that night. 

 "Just before I joined the Navy which was long before you were even thought of," Owen replied. 

 "How come it's been that long?" (Y/N) asked. 

 "I guess I was just busy and so were they," Owen answered which wasn't a total lie. 

 "Can we watch a movie?" (Y/N) asked, quickly changing the topic for no certain reason. 

 "Sure, pick one out," Owen said. She slid off the couch and crawled over to the tv, more accurately the desk-type thing it was on. 

She pulled out one of the drawers which had a few movies in it and pulled one out, she already knew she wanted that one she had already figured out how to get DVDs in the DVD player so she put it in right away. 

 "So, what are we watching?" Owen asked as she crawled back on the couch. 

 "(just go with your favorite movie as a kid)" (Y/N) said. 

 "Of course, don't you ever wanna watch something different?" Owen joked. 

 She fell asleep before the movie ended, Owen didn't really wanna move so he waited until the movie was finished to take her to her bed. Once she was asleep she stayed asleep for a while, which was a welcome change compared to not that long ago. He gently put her blankets over her, kissed her forehead, and went to bed. He didn't sleep much, the thought of dealing with his parents again wasn't a pleasant thought he just hoped they were better with (Y/N) for her sake, if she could have family other than him that cared about her that would do her a lot of good. He dozed off for a while but was up by 7 to get ready for the drive there, he let (Y/N) sleep as long as he dared to, it was about an hour-long drive so when he woke her up he just had her change and then let her go back to sleep in the vehicle. As they got closer to his parent's house he got more nervous about all the things that could go wrong. When they were about 5 minutes away Owen woke her up so that she had a chance to wake up before they got there. 

 "You excited?" Owen asked trying to sound happy, thankfully she was still asleep enough for his nervous tone to slip past her. She nodded her head. 

 "How long until we get there?" (Y/N) asked after a few more moments. 

 "A few minutes yet," Owen replied finally regaining control of his tone. 

 Sure enough, a few minutes later they were there, Owen let out a small sigh before getting out of the vehicle. By this time (Y/N) was wide awake and ready to get out, she barely waited for him before practically jumping out. It was a nice place even though it was covered in snow and ice, they had moved since Owen was a kid, thankfully. He slowly walked up to the door and knocked it wasn't long before it opened.