I Wish I Had. . .

He turned around to face her before he said anything. 

 "What's up?" Owen asked, he was still trying to get used to her talking to him again, even though it was rare. 

 "I'm sorry," (Y/N) said, starting to cry again. 

 "For what?" Owen asked, utterly confused.

 "For everything," (Y/N) keeping her head down "For not talking to you, everything that happened on the island, I've been a bad daughter." 

 "Look at me baby girl," Owen said getting down on his knees to be more on her level. 

 He snuck his hand under her chin and pulled her head up to look at him, then took her hands in his. 

"You have nothing to be sorry for, you went through things that a kid your age should never have to, that no one should ever have to. You're actually handling it better than I thought you would. Never once did I think you were being a bad daughter, if you had been acting normal that would've been concerning, all of this is a natural reaction, and you're gonna get through it, I'm gonna help you get through it. But you have to tell me how I can help, I don't know what's going on in your head unless you tell me," Owen explained gently. 

 "I love you," (Y/N) said, her tears had stopped for the time being. 

 "I love you too baby girl, so much," Owen said, pulling her close to him. 

 She still didn't sleep much that night but she did sleep for a few hours, so it was an improvement. They stayed in the same routine for a week, go to therapy, go home, talk, repeat, and every now and then sleep. She was opening up more now, not sleeping much better but she was talking about why she wasn't sleeping. This time they were sleeping in the bed instead of on the floor. Owen woke up around midnight, she was already up but she was staring at the far wall. 

 "I wish I had died on that island," (Y/N) suddenly said in all seriousness. 

 It took Owen a few moments to process what she had said, that's was a pretty big statement from a 4-year-old. 

 "What?" Owen asked, his tone a bit sharper than he had intended. 

 "I don't like living like this," (Y/N) said, she still hadn't moved. 

 He sat up and pulled (Y/N) so that she had to look in his general direction, he held her shoulders so she couldn't move. 

 "Don't ever think that. A lot of people didn't make it off that island, plenty of people never went home. But you are here, you are safe. I know it seems impossible now but it is going to get better. No matter how bad things get or how bad things seem, don't ever think that and if you do, you tell me, no matter what is going on you talk to me," Owen basically ordered, his tone was harsh, he didn't mean for it to be. 

 "I'm sorry," (Y/N) said.    

"I'm not mad, I just don't want to lose you," Owen clarified before letting her go. 

 "I get why that seems like a better option, but that is over, you never have to worry about it again," Owen continued. 

 She fell back asleep, or at least dozed off, but Owen couldn't fall back asleep, he was just thinking. He had almost lost her physically on the island and now he was fighting to not lose her mentally. A few hours later he knew she was awake but neither of them moved or said anything. The hours blended together and soon the sun was starting to come up, and suddenly his phone began to ring. It was the Masrani Foundation, so he took his phone to the other room to talk. 

 "Mr. Grady, good news," A nice voice rang from the other end of the line. 

 "We figured out things with the workers, you'll get more information about that soon, but in a few days you'll be able to go wherever you want," The person informed him, they talked for a bit longer. 

 (Y/N)'s therapist decided that she would be fine without her help but if they needed anything they could call. She had gotten a lot better since their talk, she was still shy around anyone except Owen due to what happened with her and Hoskins. They were staying in the hotel one more night and leaving the next morning.

"Daddy?" (Y/N) said in her regular happy tone. 

"Yes?"

"Where are we going?" (Y/N) asked, standing on the bed. 

"We are going to our new home. A house I built a while back, I had an old friend of mine get it back in shape," Owen replied. (I decided to make it so the house that he was building in Fallen Kingdom was already built to make things a lot easier.)

"Where is it?"

"A few hours from here," Owen answered, it was nice to have her asking questions again. 

"Why do we have to wait until tomorrow morning? I'm tired of this hotel room."

"I know. It's a little too late now. You wanna be awake when we get there don't you?"She nodded her head. 

They went to bed a few hours later but (Y/N) woke up around 1 A.M., something caught her eye by the window, so she crawled out of bed and walked over. . .