Always A Fun Time Talking To You. . . Not

Owen woke up the next morning around 6 and avoided looking at his phone for at least a half-hour. The night before he had sent a text to his mother saying that he wanted to talk to her even though he really didn't want to but (Y/N) had asked if they could have Christmas as a family this year since they no longer lived at Jurassic World. He checked on (Y/N) and she was still sleeping so he didn't want to make too much noise which left him with no other option but to go get his phone from his room. The reply from his mother was not exactly what he expected but at the same time, it was. 

 "About time. What do you want to talk about?" Was exactly how the text read.

 He sighed before typing out a reply. 

 "My daughter was wondering if we could have Christmas as a family this year."

It only took a few moments for him to get a reply."You have a daughter?!?"

"I tried calling you. You didn't answer."

"Yeah, because I didn't wanna talk to you."

"Thanks, mom, helpful as always," Owen mumbled to himself."Can we just come over for a day before Christmas so that she can at least see her grandparents?"

"Sure, why not. The day before Christmas Eve, I'm not changing my Christmas and Christmas Eve plans."

After that, he was done, and he was starting to wonder if this would be best for (Y/N), who knows maybe they would be better around her than they had been to him. Then he went back out to the kitchen/living room area, he didn't want to start doing much until (Y/N) was up so he sat down on the couch and struggled slightly on what to do next, usually he had to go work with the Raptors but that wasn't the case anymore. Reality kinda hit him at that moment, they really had lost a lot during the Jurassic World chaos, but they still had each other so they hadn't lost everything. He was pretty deep in thought when (Y/N)'s little feet padded down the hallway into the living room area and to the side of the couch.

"Whatcha thinkin' about?" (Y/N) asked suddenly, catching him slightly off guard. 

"Oh, just the usual. So, what do you wanna do today?" Owen replied.

She just shrugged her shoulders and sat down on the couch next to him. It was only a week until they would go to Owen's parents.

"Well, I talked to my mom this morning and we're gonna go there the day before Christmas Eve," Owen informed her.

"Yay! Are your parents nice?" (Y/N) asked excitedly.

He froze for a second, he couldn't just tell her how they really were but he didn't want to lie to her.

"It depends," Owen simply replied which wasn't a total lie and was easily taken as a joke.

"Daddy?"

"Yeah?"

"Why don't I have a Mommy?"He really wasn't ready for that question, he knew she thought a bit more deeply than most kids her age but he really hadn't expected that quite yet.