Smog

I cross-checked the list, apparently it does checks out, still I have my doubts about Riri's word, Hexlythium had agreed to tail Dave, he gave me a device, a short range remote of sorts, it would emit a signal that would let one of his camera-fitted drone to follow, though the battery only lasts twelve hours so we'd need to put this transmitter around the time we're returning home, Dave drives around in his moped, so it would be a simple task to put it, I'll just ask him for a ride home. The drone itself would fly quite high up, it uses a camera from a long range DSLR fitted to a custom made drone, he called it 'The Harpy', though because of its equipment it would need big rotors which generate quite some noise, to disguise it Hexlyt stole a banner from a Lycan's Barracks then made it as if it belonged to the RAV. (even though I could have asked for one from Raz quite easily.)

Our work hours usually end at 7pm, everything went to plan, I placed the transmitter under the seat just above the rear tyre, inside the house, Hexlyt was already waiting, I gave the word that it's installed and a few minutes later after fiddling with his laptop on the kitchen's island the drone took off from my backyard. The next day I took the transmitter off from his bike, we usually start working at 9am but Dave would often come in as early as 7am to clean up around the office. After taking it off, I fled to Raprinze's café to give it to Hexlyt as soon as possible. Unfortunately, somewhere along the way, I think the drone had lost all its battery power and crashed, I couldn't really notice it when it's high up but the loud crash was easily noticeable behind me, I ran back to it to take the DSLR's memory card before a crowd surrounded it then book it into the alleys.

Hexlyt and others were conversing on the café's terrace, I slowed down and walked closer as I catch my breath, gave him the transmitter and memory card, telling him that Harpy was downed somewhere on the road, I can't really salvage much before other pedestrians got closer to see what's up and told him that I was sorry about it. He said don't mind it, he could make another one as that one might have already been looted by passers-by seeing that it does have a lot of valuable electronic parts. I then said my goodbyes then hurriedly ran back to the HQ.

Now the waiting game begins.

Later that night I went back to the café, Hexlyt was fiddling around in his laptop, he told me Azazel was off to scout Dave's place and learn of his habits like what time does he go out to do what, it usually takes about two to three weeks. Hexlyt then showed me bits of the footage, his house was located somewhere on the middle of the outer circle, the roads were still mostly roughly put together cobblestones, there were remnants of old abandoned buildings dotted around the place, right across the street from his house was an abandoned apartment building, Hexly said that Azazel was staying there to scout in one of the upper floor rooms, it was 6 stories tall.

*-*-*

Once a week I would go to Azazel's perching place accompanying him and Hexlyt in the meantime, the building was pretty dilapidated, its wallpapers are rotting and peeling off the wall. Azazel's setup was on the far end of the window overlooking the house, contrary to popular depictions, snipers don't sit close to the windows, they settle quite two to three meters away from the window as to conceal themselves from onlookers, he had stacked some tables to make himself level with the window, and if you look through the scope, it was enough to see two house to the side if you swing the barrel from one end of the window to the other end. The apartment itself was populated by the occasional drug addict, several of them in fact so no one would even bother checking inside, Hexlyt was in charge of supply, going out to buy some food and drinks, and on each break shift they would swap spots with each other. I was only there to talk with them, you know, taking away the stress so they don't go insane, I am more of the fieldwork recon guy, well sometimes I also do get my hands dirty on the work, but waiting in one place observing something is not my kind of job.