Chapter 4

After class, Blyke and I set out for the library to do the term project given by the teacher. Blyke said he'd introduce me to someone. I think the people he introduces will be with us in the library.

"Blyke, when will I meet those people you speak of?"

"It means you're keen on meeting other people. Don't worry, they're waiting for us at the library."

This was the answer I was expecting, but I asked just to be sure. I hope these people are harmless.

"Blyke, by the way, I forgot to ask. What's your ability?"

"My ability? Energy Beam. In short, it allows me to shoot energy beams out of my hand."

"Must be a strong ability."

"It is, but it pales in comparison to Remi or Arlo..."

His face fell as he said that sentence. Do not consider yourself so low, people at your level are very few in the world.

But one detail in what Blyke said caught my attention. Remi and Arlo. Blyke had mentioned the two before. Since these two are superior to Blyke and considering Seraphina as well, I guess this puts Blyke in 4th place in the school.

"Here we are, the library."

We reached the library before I knew how. Although this school looks huge from the outside, it is quite small inside.

"Hey, come here"

After entering the library, a pink-haired girl called out to us, one of the two people sitting at one of the tables.

"We're coming. Come on, John, let me introduce you to my friends."

So these are those people. After approaching the table, the sitting couple stood up.

"Let me introduce you, this is Remi. My very close friend."

"Hello, nice to meet you."

So this Remi seems like a pretty jolly person. An outsider would not believe that this girl is strong.

"I'm John, nice to meet you too."

"And in this silly-looking person, my best friend Isen."

"HEY! Don't humiliate me in front of people. Hello, nice to meet you."

"I'm glad to meet you."

"It was a bit of great luck that the teacher divided us into groups like this. We didn't work with strangers."

Blyke spoke honestly about what was on his mind. It seems that this group of friends doesn't know much apart from each other. Of course, I cannot say that I am very unfamiliar with this subject.

"Let's get to work! The project will not do itself."

We sat in the library and researched the project given to us for about 40 minutes. During those 40 minutes, Blyke and Isen started arguing frequently, and Remi stopped them each time. I watched them from the corner without doing anything.

"By the way, Remi, Blyke told me you're too strong."

"Haha yeah, she's the school's Jack"

Jack? So I'm sitting at the same desk with the school Jack, and I even became friends with her. Wonderful.

"Heh, yeah. Ever since I beat Cecile, I've been the school's Jack. And why do you wonder?"

Cecile? I heard his name for the first time. So there are other powerful people hidden in this school?

"He wants to be King of the school."

Blyke answered Remi's question for me.

"Forget it. It's like pens starting to fly on their own."

Was this metaphor really necessary now?

"Although I don't want to agree with Isen's opinion, he's right. Seraphina is the only one who can beat Arlo in this school. Besides, even if you challenge Arlo, it could end badly for you. He's a little too ruthless, too."

I've heard the name of this Arlo guy a lot since I came to school. He must be really strong.

"I'd still like to try my luck. Besides, I beat someone who called himself King today, I think his name was Zeke."

"HAH! So you're the one who beat up Zeke. The news got to the newspaper club fast. Get ready to be on the front page of the school newspaper tomorrow."

The school newspaper? I unintentionally drew too much attention to myself. This is not a good sign.

"Okay, enough of the fuss. We need to focus on the project."

Remi stopped the empty conversation on the table using her usual mother card.

Our work on the project continued for another hour and we progressed a lot. Finally, we decided to disperse. Blyke, Remi, and Isen went out for a stroll. They invited me as well, but I politely declined them and decided to go to my room. I changed into my room and went straight to the bed. It was a tiring day.

I learned quite a bit about the students at school today. Arlo, Remi, Isen, Zeke, Cecile, and Seraphina. But most importantly, Seraphina.

While everyone else was talking about the girl Seraphina, I didn't feel a hint of respect in any of them. There was more fear and anxiety in their speech.

Well, of course, it is natural for them to worry when talking about the strongest in the school, I am no stranger to this situation.

While it's annoying, it's not my problem. Seraphina is the first person I should stay away from.

Chapter 4 End

I hope you enjoy it

Until next time, cya