Chapter 6

I finally came back from Turf War, where Arlo took me by force. What was the purpose of him taking me in the first place? I'm sure he knew that Seraphina alone could beat them. Besides, he was the one who challenged them, was he trying to get me to watch a show?

Anyway, that's over and I'm finally in front of my room's door.

"Hey John, you're finally here. Where have you been man, I was wondering about you?"

Blyke was back before I did, I'm sure Isen and Remi are in their rooms now.

"I was in Turf War. Arlo wanted to take me as Jack because someone lost had suddenly disappeared. Of course, I couldn't say no."

"Wow, so you met Arlo. What was it like meeting your future challenger?"

"Actually, I've given up on that goal. Arlo seems pretty strong, there's no way I can beat him."

If I hadn't been holding myself back here, I could have beaten Arlo with just a headbutt without using both hands. Maybe I'll challenge him on the last days of school. I can't do that though, Arlo is one grade above me. After he graduates, I will continue in this school.

"You're doing the sensible thing."

"Besides! Arlo also told me that you were involved in some trouble at the mall. Tell me, what trouble did you get into?"

I was actually wondering about this. All three are strong and smart people, not the type to get themselves into trouble so easily. If they did something, there must be a reason.

"So the news spread fast. Well, let me explain then."

Blyke began to describe his experiences.

"Remi, Isen, and I were just having a normal day at the mall. You know, browsing the shops, going to the movies, the usual stuff."

"Yes, the usual things you do WITHOUT ME."

"Sorry, I promise I'll never leave you behind again."

What he said broke me a little. Because I just wanted him to feel a little bad, not sad enough to apologize.

"As we were walking around, we saw a booth set up in the middle of the mall. It was written that the guy sitting at the booth was telling us our level for $10, and if we were 5 or higher, we would be rewarded."

Now I'm glad I didn't go with them. My true level could be revealed.

"You know, Remi's level is over 5. So we thought it was a free prize and used Remi to measure her level at the stadium. The prize was the teddy bear. At first, we thought this booth was just a scam, but things suddenly changed. Remi realized there was a tracking device inside the teddy bear."

"Are you serious?"

"I'm serious. Things didn't end there. When we questioned the man, he said he didn't know what was inside the prize, but when Isen realized that the man was lying, I think a smoke bomb was thrown and there was smoke all around. Taking advantage of the smoke around, the man in charge of the booth tried to escape."

Smoke bomb?

"Of course we tried to follow the man, but Remi said the man at the booth was driven away by an invisible motorbike rider. While we were trying to follow them, the mall staff thought we had caused the commotion and held us in custody for a while. We were released when we were found not guilty. But Vaughn wasn't very happy of course..."

Arlo was right. I can't say I trust him very much, but this time he was right.

"And what happened next? Did Vaughn punish you?"

"No, he said he's not going to do anything for now. But John, those guys, those trying to give us trackers, scare me."

"I shuddered a little when you told me."

Lie, I've had worse things, these people standing by the booth and handing out trackers to people, it's not enough to scare me.

"It's done, no more thinking. What happened in Turf War? Did you win at all?"

"I and Arlo didn't do anything, Seraphina handled it all by herself."

"John, you don't realize how lucky you are. I mean it's almost impossible to see even a god-tier in your life, and you've been in the same place with two of them at the same time. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous."

There's another one right in front of you right now, Blyke.

"Naah, I don't really care. If something like this happens again, you go to Turf War."

"Heh, I hope."

Our long talk was over and we dived into our rooms until dinner.

Chapter 6 End

I hope you enjoy it

Until next time, cya