~ Chapter - 25 ~

(About the Picture- Ilaria, Kiara, Carmella and Catherine.)

- I L A R I A -

"You should come over more often. You are really fun to hangout with." Kiara said her arm loosely hanging over Catherine's shoulder. They have bonded greatly in a short span. I think it's mainly because of their similar personalities. They are all fun, bold, have a good sense of humor and witty. Maybe I will become like them too if I stay in their commpany more. We were done with the shopping but Kiara wanted to have some pastries and we all agreed.

"Which one do you want guys?" She asked. 

"Red velvet." Carmella answered texting someone on her phone. 

"Chocolate." I told her. She nodded and we had to wait for some time before they prepared our order. It was really refreshing to come out today. Elijah and the twins are still not on good terms after the fight and it seems like they want to eat me everytime they see me. On the other hand, Elijah is really keeping his promise. He's being more loving and caring than ever. Mom was surprised too when I told her about it. She thought he had hurted his head or something but the real reason for it was Catherine. I think dating her is the best decision my brother has ever made.

"Here! Let's eat!" Kiara cheered and we all digged in. We were all laughing and chatting happily when Kiara spotted a familiar girl coming towards us. She signalled me and I turned around to look back. There she was - Ella. She looked like she was crying not too long ago. Our eyes met and I instantly turned away. I had nothing to do with her now. She decided to break my trust and be with Ava. I felt her coming towards us and I ain't gonna lie, I felt a bit nervous. Although I had no reason to feel like that. Carmella was glaring at her just like Kiara. Catherine was the only one who was totally clueless. She just looked at us and Ella confused. 

"Hey." She approached us. She looked tired and worn out and I slightly felt pity for her. "Um.... Can we talk?" She asked.

"No, thanks. You can get lost now." Kiara said rolling her eyes at her. 

"I didn't asked you." Ella shot back. I guess she still have her attitude with her. Unfortunately, Kiara has far more attitude than her. She's gonna faint if Kiara starts talking. It'll be too much sass and zero shame. 

"And no one invited you over here. Girl, can't you tell when and where you aren't wanted? Are you that stupid?" She mocked. Ella kept glaring dangerously at her and Kiara stared back totally unbothered.

"Kiara." Carmella intervened after none of them were backing off. Kiara huffed but turned away her eyes. "Listen here girl, whatever is your name, just say whatever you want to say and leave. We have no more than 15 minutes to waste." She told Ella glancing at her phone swiftly. 

"I just wanted to apologise for doing what I did to you." Ella started turning to face me. "I swear I didn't realised what type of people Ava and Brittney are. I wanted to fit in. I didn't realised what I was doing was wrong honestly. I hope you can forgive me." 

"Why? They kicked you out, didn't they?" Kiara mocked. She nodded hesitantly at that. I wasn't shocked at all. Ava and Brittney care about no one but themselves. I have seen them hanging out with different people in every few days. They change friends like clothes. Well,except for each other. They are true friends to each other no matter what their personalities are like. 

"They said I'm too much of a nerd to hang out with them." She murmured.

"That's Karma in case someone is wondering." Kiara muttered shaking her head in disappointment. 

"Aria-" Ella started but Kiara cut her off this time. 

"Gosh! Only her 'friends' and 'family' calls her that. You are none of it so please speak accordingly." She said. Ella was visibly very annoyed but Kiara didn't cared and neither did we. 

"Ilaria." She looked at Kiara with a pointed look and got an eyeroll in response. "I am very ashamed at what I did but if you can just forgive me and we can start over again. I mean we clicked as bestfriends, didn't we?" 

We clicked. True. But she was just faking it. Everything. Her persoanlity was fake. She isn't the sweet, kind, bubbly girl she pretended to be. I was friends with her persona. Not with her. Will I come across as rude to her if I tell her the truth? Will she be hurt? She already apologised, should I just forget it and get over myself? 

"Are you kidding dude? Do you even hear yourself for god's sake? You know what you are being freaking annoying right now-" Kiara rambled off but Carmella stopped her shaking her head lightly and looked at me expetedly. I understood what she wants to say. She wants me to say for myself. Although my heart was beating crazily fast, I managed to gather the confidence to finally answer her. 

"Look Ella, I have no hard feelings for you. I forgave you a long time back. Even before you apologised. But the thing is you still broke my trust, I can't just forget everything. And-" Ella looked at me hopefully and I felt a little bit bad. "-I don't think we can be friends again. There is no point in beng friends if we can't trust each other. You are understanding, right? I mean you wouldn't have come to me again if it wasn't for them leaving you. So, it's best for both of us to just stay away from each other." 

"You don't have to accept the things you are not okay with."
-Anonymous.

Hi Guys! Look who updated! Finally after more than 2 months. 😅😅

How are you all doing?  How many of you still have this book in your reading lists? 

How was the chapter? Did you liked it? What do you think of Aria's answer? Is she right or wrong? I'm sorry for any grammatical or spelling mistakes though.

I am still not back with regular updates till April. I wrote this chapter in my free time for you guys. And a very Happy Diwali to y'all in advance. I hope this Diwali brings loads of joy, happiness and prosperity to you and your loved ones. ✨✨🪔🪔

Question of the chapter- What is something you enjoy doing these days?

- Vote - Comment - Follow - Support - 

🧡