Chapter Twenty Three: Cid

"He has a point," Omega whispered into her comm and glanced up at her brothers. They all turned to her, which caused her to shrink under their gazes. "Right. Not a toy."

Echo pulled Omega aside and got on a knee.
"Where's Cass?" Echo asked the child as she continued to play around with her new wrist comm.

"She's still in her bunk. She kept tossing and saying things in her sleep so I made sure I didn't wake her up," Omega answered certainly.

Echo sighed. He wasn't exactly excited that Cass was still having these dreams, but it was clear that they weren't getting any worse at the moment—and for that he was grateful.

"Good idea, but we are about to land," Echo affirmed. "How about you go wake her up now, huh?"

"Sure!" Omega bounced on her heels and began pacing to the bunks.

"And quietly!" Echo added in a hurry.

Omega looked back briefly and nodded with a thumbs up before slipping back into Cass' room. When she softly entered, she saw Cass already sitting up in her bed, slightly hunched over.

"Cass?" Omega peeped.

"Hey," Cass swallowed and turned towards her voice, though never making eye contact.

Omega slowly approached, then spotted the redness of Cass' eyes and the slight puffiness of her face. Omega placed herself in front of the Jedi and gently held her face in her hands. Cass leaned into the touch, the coolness of the child's hands soothed her aching skin.

"I have nightmares too, you know," Omega whispered and rubbed her thumbs along Cass' cheek, wiping any residue of tears. "They can't hurt you, I promise."

Cass nodded lightly and glanced up at Omega, instantly feeling calmed by her presence. Cass could trust Omega to be completely honest and transparent with her, just as a child would be expected. She admired that Omega didn't try to dance around things or say something lightly. She always meant what she said.

Omega quickly pecked Cass' forehead just as she had done to her before—in hopes that it would have the same effect and make her feel better. Cass closed her eyes for a moment, then lazily smiled up at the child.

"It's alright, I won't tell the others," Omega patted her back.

"Thank you," Cass grinned wistfully and leaned her forehead against Omega's chest.

Omega played with the curls of Cass' hair and felt content with how affectionate she could be with the Jedi. Not once was she hugged or kissed or reassured by another Kaminoan, so she relished in everything Cass had to offer.

Cass leaned away and opened her eyes—which were already returning to their normal color—then wiped her face thoroughly. She reached up and pushed Omega's bangs to the side as she had gotten used to doing, and sighed tiredly. "So what's got you coming back into the room so fast?"

"Echo wanted me to tell you we're landing soon," Omega informed her and patted her head.

"Where are we going?" Cass questioned and stretched her legs out.

"Ord Mantell," Omega leaned away as Cass stood to her feet.

"Oh, I haven't been there in a while," Cass rolled her shoulder and winced, then tucked her front pieces of hair behind her ears.

"You've been there?" Omega gasped.

Cass chuckled. "I've been to a lot of places."

"I'm so jealous," Omega scrunched her face. "You've gotten to see so much of the galaxy and I was stuck on the same planet my whole life."