Chapter Four

Blaire sat in the back seat since Karen was upfront. She sharpened her ninja stars as Blade explained to Karen that the vampires could be anywhere and that she needed to leave as soon as she got her shit together.
But Blaire knew Blade planned to use her as bait since she was the target.
Blade revved his engine as he almost ran over a couple of people coming to a stop in the middle of the sidewalk.
"Hey", some shouted.

Blaire climbed in the front seeing Karen get out and walked to Blade's side.
"Remember what we told you. You keep your eyes open. They're everywhere", he retorts as he drives off. The tires screeched.

"Jesus, Blade, you know with your driving one day your gonna give me a heart attack", she grumbles as Blade squeezes her thigh gently. Blaire watched as he parked across the street from Karen's building. A cop car parked out front,
"Yes!", Blaire cheered to which Blade raised an eyebrow at her sudden outburst.
"I knew we were gonna use her as bait", she said seeing him smirk before following after him.

Blaire grumbled seeing the elevator, she hated it. It made her stomach churn sometimes.
"So....", she cleared her throat, rocking on her heels. Blade looked at her as she smiled innocently at him,
"What?", he questioned calmly as she turned to him,
" when will you teach me how to use a sword?", she asked as Blade shook his head,
"No, hear me out Blade. You've taught me everything else except for your sword", she said.
Blade walks out after the elector opens,
"You have no need to use a sword. You are great with your katanas", he said as they turned the next corner.
Blaire sighed,
"I just thought it'd be cool", she mumbled as they neared Karen's apartment. They could hear loud voices and commotion.

"Bitch!"
"What is it?"

They could hear the familiar laughing,
"What is this, Garlic?", he snickered.

"Yeah, well they said it would work against vampires", Karen aggressively states. Blade stood behind the familiar silently as Blaire was leant up against the kitchen frame.

"Vampires?", he laughs, " who said I was a vampire, huh?", he aims his gun at Karen but Blaire throws a ninja star and watched as it sliced his hand just as Blade placed a hand on his shoulder and kicked his knees out causing him to hit the floor.

"Nobody", Blade states kicking the familiar into the furnace. Blaire smirked and waved at Karen who was a little shocked to see them.

Blade picks up the cop,
" he's a familiar- - a vampire wannabe", he punches him in the face.
"If he's loyal enough, and proves himself, maybe his master will turn him", he throws the cop into a shelf which Blaire winced at since the decor was beautiful.

"Wait a minute. You used me as bait?", Karen looks as Blade who eyes her from the side,
"Get over it", he punches the cop in the gut then throws him over and he crashed right through a coffee table breaking it in half.

"Is all that necessary?", Karen yells over the loud noise. Blade pits the familiar over the couch and pulls back the neck line of his uniform,
" that's a glyph miss sunshine"? Blaire says walking up beside Blade,
" a vampire cattle brand", she looks at Karen who had the expressions of a old lady who found out her cat died.

"It means that officer Krieger here is somebody's property. Another vampire tried to bleed this little hooker, then they have to answer to his owner", Blade explains before pulling down the shirt again.
"Deacon Frost", Blaire and Blade chorused.