Chapter 15 | Moonlight

~Jacob POV~

We make our way into the "Valley". Hand in hand with Y/N, leading her in the center of the clearing. Every sense is open and alert just in case any danger comes to us.

Walking along the narrow path, I can feel we are close. My thoughts and silence were interrupted by Y/N worried voice.

"Why is it called the "Valley", it doesn't even look like a valley, more like dense forest" pointing at the tree tops.

"Well it was once a valley, filled with wild flowers and ferns. The Native American people.. our people had homes here and perfectly thrive with nature." I kept looking straight, trying my best to continue into the path.

"What happened ... If you don't mind me asking." Y/N slowly looked down at the floor.

"Well some say that the tribe was ambushed by none other than the colonists, massacred in their own homes. There was so much blood shed that it covered the entire meadow. The Earth could not bare the sight of the crime, so she took every soul and created a forest."

Y/N picked up her head noticing the trees.

"Some say that every tree here was a person from that tribe, every tree has a soul. They listen to our cries and sorrows, and rejoice when we succeed in life. This is the place where changes are made no matter good or bad."

I peak behind, giving a glance to Y/N. She stares into my eyes, probably her trying to see if the story was a white lie.

" I've came here when I was at my lowest and my highest. Maybe even just to get away for a bit."

A few steps later, we finally entered the clearing.

Y/N gasps loudly, covering her mouth with her cold hand. She lets go of me, stepping infront of me.
She inhales and exhales the scent of the wild flowers. Mint, sage and lavender is the main scent she would be breathing in. Standing in th middle of the clearing, moonlight shining through the trees

Creating a spotlight directly to Y/N, in that moment I feel my heart skip a beat, out of breath as if I ran hundreds of miles.

Y/N turns to me, I do not notice she is speaking to me until she waves me off.

I snap out of it, "Jacob, I think someone is here" she tells me frantically.

I quickly turn behind me, looking towards the area Y/N is pointing at. My heart drops, with in seconds I stand infront of Y/N.With my right hand, I push her body behind my back making sure no harm comes to her.

We hear rustling through the bushes, coming from the same pathway we came from. Through the shadows, a dark figure comes peaking out.

Author's Note|

Thank you for being so patient.

Add this book to your library and give this book a big ⭐. Hopefully, you guys enjoyed this chapter.