Chapter 14 | Hands

~Y/N POV~

"Jake please explain what's going on" I demanded.

He took long breath in and sighed with such worry.

"Your in danger Y/N, but it's not just you. It's your sister as well."

My heart dropped, here I was out and about with Jake, when all this time I could have been protecting Iris.

"Wait, but how do you know this Jake? How do you know that I'm in danger? And why didn't you tell me this earlier?" I yelled, my head what clouded in fear.

"It's a long story, but trust me Y/N", he swiftly grabs my hand. He gives it a tight squeeze, rubbing his thumb over the back of my hand." I will do everything in my power to protect you and your family." He looks at my way, giving me a reassuring smile, never letting go of my hand.

On our way to this so called "Valley", I quickly reach into my pocket for my phone. I let go of Jake's hand, I dial for Andrew. Within the first ring, Andrew picks up.

"Hello?" I question in concern.

"Y/N, what's wrong? Is everything alright?"

"I... I don't know, where is Iris?"

"She's not here, she went out. Wait, what's going on? What happened?"

I can hear his voice change in tone. I practically hear him getting into the car by then.

Out of nowhere, Jake takes my phone out of my hand. Luckily Andrew's voice is loud enough for me to hear.

"He's coming, he's looking for them" he explains to him.

"Okay, meet me at the Valley, from there will go to the safe house."

My eyes widen, "Safe house, what safe house?"

Jake ignores my question, "Okay, everything is ready, I'll be there in five minutes." He hangs up, and gives me back my phone.

"Jake, you really have a lot of explaining to do?

"Y/N, I know it's a lot but please trust me. Everything will be clear when we get to the safe house."

Jake kept driving, eyes focused on the road. His hands and knuckles started to turn white of hard he was holding on to the steering wheel.

My mind was going a thousand miles and hour, thinking and overthinking of the possible outcomes. Suddenly my attention fell by the forest on my side of the road.

~Jacob POV~

I began to see movement, running figures following us along the forest line. I rolled down the window, poking my head out. Just by the wind hitting my face, I could smell most of the pack, with a new scent I've smelled before. I quickly recognized it, I was Y/N sister. I relaxed at the thought she was is safe.

"What's wrong? Y/N asked.

I quickly put my head back inside "nothing, just thinking ..how about you?"

She ran her hands through her hair. "Worried about Iris, I mean where could she have gone?"

"Don't worry, she is safe, I promise you."

"Jake don't make any promises you can't keep."

I stopped the truck a few feet away from the entrance of the "Valley". I face forward to Y/N, giving her my full attention. I looked at her deep in her eyes, trying to make through that wall she has build up.

I grabbed her hands "Y/N, again I promise you, no harm will come to you or your family, even after the day I die."

She stared at my eyes, probably looking for any signs of distrust. Finally she nodded slowly, agreeing to my declaration towards her. I got off the truck , making my way to the passenger  side. Opening the door, I watched Y/N hesitate to come out.

I reached my hand out, she looked at me once again, but this time there was no fear in her eyes. She stands a few feet away, walking closer to me. Out of nowhere, she hugs my torso. I can feel her warm breath blowing on my shirt. My heart beings to race and my temperature rises. " Thank you for everything," she pulls away but still close enough were I could see every feature of her face.

My entire focus was on her, everything around meant nothing. A blurred background and clarity was her figure. Almost like a crip inhale of oxygen at dawn. I knew in this moment everything revolves around her, the center on my system. At that moment, I knew that one day I will bow to her like her father did to her mother.

Author's Note|

Thank you for being so patient.

Add this book to your library and give this book a big ⭐. Hopefully, you guys enjoyed this chapter.