Chapter 13 | Danger

~Y/N POV~

I start to tell them a personal memory, a memory that I did not know about.

"It's was the same night, the night my parents passed away. When we stood outside, watching the house burn down, my eyes turn to the forest behind the house. That when I see a pair of eyes staring at me." 

They all payed attention, listening to what I was saying, mostly Jake.

" I remember it clearly that it was a wolf. Although, this was not any kind of wolf. This thing was huge, with the blackest color of fur. The eyes were bright as amber, even more so with the reflection of roaring flames from the house."

I can sense that the group started to nervous, my eyes shifted to the flames.

"I stood there in fear, holding tight to Iris as Andrew called for help. As fast as it appeared, with a blink of an eye it was gone. Always wondered if my eyes were deceiving me, but I knew in my heart that it was real. Wondering if it could have been my guarding angel that saved us that night."

" My dear, what you saw was real. I can assure you that figure was your guarding angel that saved you from the fires that night. Even more so, that my dear was a spirit warrior."

The stories continued, but silence fell over the beach. The feeling of danger was suffocating, my ears started to ring. My eyes shifted towards Jake, he began to stand. He looked over towards the forest. As I looked behind me, Jake quickly looked at Billy. 

"Y/N we need to go ...now!!'

I stood up, about to protest on the sudden demand. Without any time to speak, he grabs my hand, making our way to the parking lot. 

"Jake what's going on !?!"

"Y/N there is no time to explain..." I yank my hand away, making him stop in his tracks.

"No you have to tell me, I can tell that you are hiding something from me.  Ever since we got here, you have been hiding things from me."

He grabs my hand again, " Again I will tell you everything but you have to trust me."

We got to the truck, he walks to the passenger side. He opens the door waiting for me to get in. I stand with my arms crossed in protest. 

"Y/N, please don't be like this right now"

"Jake you have to tell me..."

"FINE, Y/N you are in danger. The first minute you stepped in to town, you have been in danger."

"Jake I .."

"Y/N please get in the truck, I will tell you on our way to the Valley" he demanded.

"Valley, what Valley?" 

He looks at me with an annoyed look.

"Ok ok ok " I finally get in the truck. Jake closes the door and makes his way to the driver's side. 

He quickly takes off, on the road. I begin to question, how have I been in danger all this time and I didn't even notice.

Author's Note|

Thank you for being so patient.

Add this book to your library and give this book a big ⭐. Hopefully, you guys enjoyed this chapter.