Chapter 3 | Deep Root

I realized who he was, in shock, no words came out after I said his name. He slowly picked himself up from the ground without breaking eye contact.

In silence, we stood there in the middle of the road.

"Well, he has grown." I thought.

" So who are you exactly?!?" Iris said looking at us.

Shaking off my thoughts, I forgot Iris was there; I forgot that we are in the middle of the road, I remembered Jacob crashed.

" Oh my bad, Iris this is Jacob, Jacob this is my sister, Iris."

They shook hands, with an awkward smile on their faces.

" Nice to meet you, Iris, for sure you don't remember me, but I use to come over to your house and play."

" No, I don't actually."

"So, anyway what are you doing here, wait are you ok?" I said to him with a concerned tone.

" Oh yeah don't worry, I'm fine, sorry I scared you like that, I just hit a bump in the road that's all." Looking at me into my eyes.

Why do I feel so strange right now? I feel like I been jolted by lightning. What is going on?

"Oh ok, well you gave me a heart attack back there" touching my chest, feeling my heartbeat.

Fast and loud.

"I feel bad that I scared you ."

"Oh well its fine, I'm glad that you're ok."

"Y/N can we go now?" Iris said to me with a stink eyes.

"Uh, sorry Jacob, as you can see the child is cranky." I laughed a bit.

"Its fine, I'll see you around then."

I nodded with a little smirk, light shade of pink on my cheeks. I hoped he didn't notice I was blushing.

I started to walk to my car thinking about the event that just happened. Getting into the car with a small smile on my face.

"Whats that's on your face?" My sister was gasping, covering her mouth.

"What? Where?" I asked, touching my face.

Poking my face with her index finger to my entire face.

" Oh mah gosh, you are burning up, your whole face is red."

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes.

We headed back to our house through the long road.

The whole drive was me think about Jacob, noticing that not the same since I left Forks.

We finally got home after the eventful day we had. Although I got a weird feeling in my stomach.

I quickly got off the car and ran inside. Before entering, I noticed something unusual. I heard someone talking.

"WHAT IN THE WORLD!" I quickly thought.

I open the door, and I see a guy talking on the phone. The man turned around and acknowledged me. I inhale in relief to see that the man is Andrew.

"Oh my God, Andrew!" Screaming from the top of my lungs.

I swiftly run towards him giving him a huge hug.

"Y/N, calm down it's just me!" he said while trying to hold me, so I would not fall on the floor.

Iris comes in and sees Andrew as well. She drops both of our backpacks and sprints to him, tackling us down on the floor.

"Girls, did you miss me?"

"Yes!" We said in unison.

We all got up, still laughing of what just happened.

"Now girls, I need to speak to you, it's something that I should have told you guys sooner, even way before both of you moved here."

I looked at my sister in confusion, then looking back to Andrew.

With a serious expression, " it's about your parents," he told us.

Those words shocked me to my core.