Florida x Louisiana

A/N: They are teenagers in this, italics are Florida's thoughts

Florida sat on the steps of an apartment with his best friend, Louisiana, eating ice cream. He looked over to Loui, admiring his features, he loved his eyes, the way they sparkled. He liked the way his dark brown poked out of his hat, the way- "Mais sha, take a picture it'll last longer." Florida snapped out of his trance, "Oh sorry Loui." Louisiana smiled, "It's alright sha, what were ya thinking about." "Eh, nothing important." 

"Okay okay, so maybe I have a crush on my best friend, but I can't just tell him that, it'll ruin everything. I'm pretty sure he's straight. Ah fuck it, I'm just going to tell him."

Florida ran to his room and got to work, he sat down at his desk and wrote a letter. He had everything planned out, he would pick some wildflowers and hand both the letter and the flowers to Loui. He finished the letter and laid down, he was nervous but eventually fell asleep imagining what tomorrow would be like.

Florida woke and rushed to get ready, he ran to the flower field outside his house and picked a few that appealed to him. With the letter and flowers in hand he made his way to Louisiana's house. He was on the street close to his house when he saw two people kissing, as he got closer he realized it was Loui kissing some whore. He stopped walking towards them and he got angry, tears rolled down his cheeks. He stomped over to Louisiana and crammed the letter into his hands and walked away. 

He heard Loui calling after him but he didn't care, he started to run to his house. He opened the door and closed it quickly, his mother came into the living room to see what all the commotion was about. She saw her son crying against the door, head in hands, "Oh Florida honey, what happened." Florida looked up at his mom and took a deep breath, "I saw Loui and a girl kissing." 

His mother, finally realized why he was upset, sat down next to him, "Honey, do you like Louisiana?" Florida nodded, "Yeah." She pulled him into a hug, "Did you tell him?" Florida sniffled, "I tried too, I don't even know if he read the letter yet." A knock rattled the door against Florida's back, "I'll answer it, you go lay down in your room." Florida went to his room and heard some voices, he laid down and thought about everything that happened. 

His door opened, "Florida?" Florida knew that voice, "Loui?" The door closed and the person sat on the edge of the bed, Florida turned toward the person. Sure enough it was him. He sat up and scooted a bit away from Loui, "I'm sorry Florida, I didn't know you liked me." Florida stayed silent, Loui took a deep breath, "Truth is I like you too, I thought I could just ignore it. I don't understand, I like girls but you, you make me feel so happy and giddy inside."  Florida realized that Louisiana was looking at him, he looked up and meet his brown eyes. 

Loui had tears rolling down his cheeks and he scooted towards Florida, Florida reached out and wiped Loui's tears, keeping his hand on his cheek for a few seconds longer. Loui leaned forward and tilted his head, Florida got the memo and closed the gap in between them. They pulled apart and Florida smiled, he had dreamed of doing that for while now. Florida yawned and laid down, Loui took off his shoes and laid down next to him. He wrapped him arms around Florida and nuzzled his face into Florida's sandy blonde hair. 

The End.