Internalized-Indiana x Alabama

Concept from: Bitchyass_tacos

Indiana deals with internalized homophobia and backs out of every attempt to actually ask Alabama out because of it.

TW: Slurs and cursing

Italics-Indiana's thoughts

Indiana sat quietly with Alabama in his room, the two were just hanging on their phones, enjoying each others company. "I should ask him."  Just then Texas walks in, "Hey 'bama, I need your help." Indiana grumbled quietly, internally glaring at Texas, "Okay, bye Indy. It was fun hanging out with you." Indiana put on a smile, "Bye 'bama! Come back anytime." 

When his door closed, he stood up and faced to his mirror, "You stupid faggot, you think he'd actually like you." He sat back down, grabbing his hair and tugging at it, a few tears slipped out. Indiana heard Alabama's footsteps coming towards his room and he wiped his face and went back on his phone. His door opened, "Hey Indi, I realized I forgot my phone." "Just ask him. Go for it!" "Hey-" Alabama turned around and looked at him, hopeful, "Actually never mind..." Indiana trailed off and quickly buried himself in his phone. 

"Alright Indi, I'll see you tomorrow." Indiana spat out coldly in response, "Okay." 

*A couple days later*

Indiana and Alabama sat, side by side, feet dangling in the water. They were watching some of the other states play around and enjoying the sun. Indiana's light brown hair fell into his eyes, he reached his hand up and moved it out of his eyes. He put his hand down and felt, another hand? What the hell? He realized that his hand was on top of Alabama's and quickly moved it away, muttering a quick sorry. 

"Oh it's alright." Indiana wished he could hear Alabama's thoughts, because if he did, he would have heard his panic. The two brushed hands again, but it felt like Alabama had done it one purpose. Indiana grabbed Alabama's hand and held on to it, he looked away as to not face him. Alabama squeezed Indi's hand, smiling to himself, the two sat there for a bit before the moment as ruined. 

"Everyone look! Alabama and Indiana are holding hands!" The two states let go of each other and looked back at who screamed it. Florida. Anger rose through Indiana as the others laughed and calling them faggots and other names. He got up and walked away but not before saying, "We weren't holding hands." 

Indiana walked into his room, locking the door and collapsing on the bed. Tears streamed down his face as he stared at the ceiling, he grabbed a pillow and screamed into it. A knock was heard at his door, "It's me Cali, can you unlock the door please." Indiana got up and unlocked the door, he let Cali in. "What do you want? Here to make fun of me too." California hugged the friendly state, "I'm not going to make fun of you." Indi closed the door and hugged him back, crying into his shirt. 

California led him to the bed, sitting down with him. He held both of his hands, "Indi...you like Alabama, don't you." Tell him the truth, he'll know what to do.  "No I don't, I'm not a faggot like you." Oh man, did I really just say that. I didn't mean it Cali, trust me please. Cali sighed, "Indiana, it's okay. It's okay if you like 'Bama. What's not okay is you taking your anger out on others." Indiana looked down, "I'm sorry Cali, I'm just scared. I don't know why I feel this way." 

California hugged him again, "You should tell him, I have a feeling he likes you too." Indiana looked up and saw the sincerity in Cali's eyes, "Okay.." "Okay."

*Time Skip* 

Cali had left a while ago and Indiana was just staring, trying to figure out what to say. A soft knock and the creaking of his door opening was what Indiana heard before shooting up, ready to fight. He calmed down after seeing it was Alabama, "Indiana, I really want to talk to you." "Me too."

He sat down and looked at the corn loving state. "'Bama, I just wanna say I'm sorry for holding your hand earlier. And you probably hate me now because-" Indiana was cut off by a pair of lips on his, Alabama was kissing him. HOLY SHIT! ALABAMA WAS KISSING HIM! They pulled away and both looked down, Alabama spoke up after a sec, "I like you Indiana. I really do, but I'm scared." Indiana grabbed his hand, making him look at him. 

"I love you 'Bama. I love you." A weight lifted off his shoulders and he felt braver. Indiana brought Alabama's hand up to his mouth and kissed it. Alabama tackled him, "I LOVE YOU TOO!" The two lovers hugged and rolled around, kissing each other, laughing together. Indiana's heart felt full and the two fell asleep together, wrapped in each others arms. 

No one could separate them.

No one.

A/N: I'm sorry but I needed a happy ending.