Last Frat Party of the Summer.

Christian

Either I had just came so hard a couple minutes before that I seemed to have shifted realities or I just saw my ex-girlfriend - and only ever girlfriend - in front of me.

I hadn't heard from her since she moved to Louisiana junior year of high school, but I would remember her face anywhere. She still looked the same. Those freckles that filled her face and her long red hair. Her features were a bit more mature now obviously, but she looked exactly the same.

I didn't even realize that I had still been standing outside the restroom in shock until Xander put his arm around me and told me he needed a teammate for beer pong. "Don't tell me you haven't had sex yet?" His brows furrow in disappointment. That is what I had been doing before I ran into Novalee.

A little bathroom fling never hurt anyone.

"Done." I reassured him. He smirked and patted my back before motioning his head downstairs for me to follow. I don't know how but I got my legs to hold me up on the way down the stairs. I was still in shock.

I don't want to sound like a dick but that's exactly what I was in high school. Nova and I were never going to last, and I knew that from the moment I started dating her. Yes, I asked her to be my girlfriend, but to be fair, I had no idea what the hell I was doing.

We had been friends since the sixth grade because we had the same friend group. I always had a thing for her but I kind of thought it would be better for my ego if she had developed any kind of attraction to me 'first.' It started off freshman year of high school which was when we got closer.

One of our mutual friends admitted she had a crush on me so I figured I'd tease her about it, but she didn't react the way I hoped she would. She was confident about it and told me straight up that it was true. I guess that kind of made it easier for me to make my next move, so I didn't complain. I wasn't really looking to have a girlfriend my freshman year, so we agreed to friends with benefits.

It was occasional make out sessions until it was more. We lost our v-cards to each other, basically.

As time went on, I noticed her change in the way that she wanted to be around me more. A lot more than I ever intended. She was a nice girl don't get me wrong, but I was a freshman playing for the varsity football team for fucks sake. My opportunity with women was high and I didn't want to be held down.

Regardless of that, I asked Nova to be my girlfriend at the beginning of sophomore year. I could tell she had been waiting for it and I almost instantly regretted it, but it was too late. As the year went on, I started getting distant and didn't really act like a boyfriend to her.

To be clear, I never cheated.

Long story short, I was a huge dick to the girl, and she didn't deserve it. Eventually she got tired of my shit and broke things off with me and that same month her dad got a job in Louisiana. She didn't really keep in contact with anyone from Georgia to be fair.

I didn't think there was any bad blood between us anymore. We were juniors in college now, meaning it had been almost five years since we last spoke. Then again, girls hold grudges for the stupidest shit ever. I can't count on both of my hands how many women don't like me for certain things.

Let's just say, I don't tend to ask for forgiveness when I've done something wrong. The only woman I'd ever apologize to is my mother.

Xander tosses me one of the balls we're using for beer pong. Turns out we're going against Max and D'Andre, two of our teammates. "Let's go, pussy." Xander tells D'Andre across the long table. He gives him the finger and shoots the ball into one of our cups at the same time. I roll my eyes as Max pats him on his back.