First Fight.

Novalee

Friday was horrible. I don't think I've ever felt that terrible. It's Monday now and I still feel bad for what happened. After he told me that I should leave, I went downstairs and told Maddy that we should leave. She put two and two together before I even told her anything that happened. Once the girls and I left, I explained what happened on the drive back to campus.

Maddy took my side, like always, and said Valdez was being ungrateful. I still don't know why he reacted the way he did. There's obviously a deeper problem there that I don't know. He didn't tell me anything either. I've tried talking to him since then but his replies are dry. It makes me sad, so I just stop replying after a while.

I stand outside my class nervously because he's in this class as well. I peeked my head in and he's already sat in his seat. The awkward thing is that we sit right next to each other. I could move if I wanted to but then my professor might count me absent and I don't want that. A group of my classmates walk into the lecture room and I follow after them, hoping their bodies will hide mine. Once they are inside, they all separate, destroying my plan.

I groan lightly so that no one hears me and start walking the steps up to my seat. Christian is focused on his phone, so he hasn't seen me yet. My heart feels like it's about to beat straight out of my chest and onto the floor. I reach our row and scoot to my seat. I don't make eye contact as I sit down next to him, but my heart is still going a million miles a minute.

I think if you get close enough to me, you might hear it.

"Hey," he says lowly. My body freezes as him talking to me, catches me off guard. I turn my head and he's looking at me. His eye bags are evident and his eyes are bloodshot. "I only got an hour of sleep," he says. Crap, he caught me staring. "Why?" I ask. "Too much thoughts on the brain," He says easily. I nod a bit and turn away from him.

I don't know why it feels like I'm talking to a stranger rather than my boyfriend. Wait. He's still my boyfriend right? Oh God.

Our professor lets us go only after twenty minutes of class because she's suffering a migraine. Who would even come to class? She should've just cancelled it. "Where are you going?" Christian's voice catches me off guard again as we exit the lecture hall. "Oh, uhm, back to my dorm. Why?" I say. He shakes his head lightly.

I bite my nail nervously as he walks next to me in silence. Where is he going? "Stop," he says. I look towards him and he's looking at my hand. I put it back down to my side. I've been biting my nails too much lately. Chris speeds up his steps and then stops in front of me. I stop abruptly and look up at him. The sun beams down on us and I can feel myself start to sweat already.

Maybe it's because my anxiety has been at an all time high these past couple of days. "We're okay," he says. I tuck a strand of hair behind my ear, "What?" He leaves me without an answer and grabs my hand instead. He starts leading me to what seems like my dorm room. He doesn't say anything the whole way there and waits for me to unlock it once we get there. He steps inside first and I follow suit.

He stands in the middle of my room as I set my bag down on my vanity. "Say something," I speak first. He walks closer to me as I kept my distance from him just in case I wasn't reading the situation right. "We're okay, Nov." He takes one of my hands and intertwines our fingers. I look down at our hands and then back up at him. "I'm sorry," I apologize. He shakes his head immediately.

"I shouldn't have reacted the way I did. I was just," he shrugs "I was being ungrateful," He finishes. "No, I knew you didn't want a party and I still threw one for you. Even Xan warned me, but I still went through with it," I sigh. His eyebrows furrow a bit. "Yeah, he told me he helped you plan it. Oh, so that's why you were acting weird around him then?" He questions. What? I furrow my brows now, "What are you talking about?"

"On Halloween when he came into my room and asked if we were ready and then that next morning too. You pulled away from me both times whenever he came into the room," He says. Oh. "Oh, yeah." I'm aware that we started planning the party after, so that's a lie but I don't say anything else. He nods once. "I was wondering about that," He admits. I tilt my head, confused. "Why? What were you thinking?" I ask curiously.

He shakes his head. "Ah, nothing," He says dryly. That's not suspicious at all. "I'm sorry though, really," He adds. He lets go of my hand and grabs onto my waist with both hands. His brown hues look down at me and it's like I can't stay mad at him. I never actually was, it was the other way around. My arms find their way around his neck like always.

"Let's not talk about it anymore. It's all good now," I say. He smiles and I peck one of the dimples on his cheek. "No more fighting. I don't think I can be away from you that long anymore," He admits. My smile grows, making my cheeks hurt. I missed him. "Me either," I say. He pulls me closer to him and then kisses me. Everything's perfect again.