First Outing.

Novalee

Out of all the days possible, Maddy and I had a study group on Saturday. Midterms start on Monday, meaning we're trying to squeeze in all the extra time studying so we don't completely bomb it. Our study group started thirty minutes after the boys played tonight, so we couldn't come to the game. That didn't stop Maddy from pulling out her phone every five seconds to check the score. In the end, we won 42-12.

Christian even scored a touchdown which makes me sad that I couldn't come. Nevertheless, I would still be seeing him tonight as the boys decided to host an after-party at their place. After the study group, Maddy and I changed quickly before we came to pick up Christian and Cgc. Xander and Rhys would go back home to get everything ready before people started showing up.

We were going to the liquor store to buy the alcohol.

The car lights turn on when the door to my car opens. I smile when I see Christian. He leans forward and kisses me quickly. "Hey, baby." He says, sitting back down. "Girls," Cgc says. "Yo," Maddy replies, not turning her head. I think it's still kind of awkward between her and Cgc. There's... definitely tension there. "Buckle up, kids. The liquor store awaits!" I say, pulling out of the stadium's parking lot.

We get to the liquor store about twenty minutes later. The traffic sucks after games if you're trying to leave school. Maddy and I skim through the aisle of wine. Not for the party, but she wanted to buy a bottle for herself. "Hmmm, this one!" She pulls out a bottle of white wine. She gives it a once-over and then holds it to her chest. I smile.

We find Chris and Cgc who have a cart with six packets of beer and two liquor bottles already as they skim for more. I pull Christian's hand and bring him closer to me. "Hi," I say, wrapping my arms around his neck. He holds onto my waist, leaning down to press a soft, teasing kiss on my lips. "You look so good tonight." He swipes his tongue over his bottom lip. I feel my face flush. I'm not used to his compliments yet.

"Do you want me to buy you a bottle?" He asks. I gasp a bit and unwrap my arms from him to look at the alcohol in front of me. "I think I might want rum." I joke. He groans, "don't make me waste my money on rum, Novalee." He says. I laugh, "but that's what I want." I raise my brows at him in challenge. "Only because you're my girl. Go get your stupid bottle of rum." He points to the next aisle.

I clap my hands twice and walk quickly to the next aisle to find the brand of rum I like. Cgc and Maddy stand on the far end and I see her laugh at something he says. I cross my arms across my chest and watch them. Maddy picks up a bottle from the rack and Cgc pulls out his phone to snap a picture of her. She sets it back down and he shows her the picture. They both laugh again.

"What's taking you so-" Chris' voice cuts off and I turn to look at him. He catches sight of what I'm looking at. "Again?" He says, looking down at me. She did just break up with Jaylon and well Cgc might not mind a fling with her again. At the same time, they could just be friends. Although I always figured Maddy was one to hold grudges. I shrug, "they're probably just being friendly with each other." I say.

I look back at the rum brands and spot the one I like. I pick it up and show it to Chris. "Don Q Reserva Rum," I say, smiling. His eyebrows rise a bit, "ahh, le gustan los Hispanos?" Christian smirks, his accent slipping right off his tongue. "Uhhh, I don't know what you said, but sure, say it again," I say. He laughs, wrapping an arm around my shoulder. "Let's go pay for this shit."

+

We finally get back to the guy's house and a couple of people have already shown up. The guys fill the cooler with all the alcohol and ice that we just bought and set up an ordered keg in the kitchen. Maddy and I chill on the couch with drinks in our hands. I didn't bring up the Cgc thing in the car just because it would have been too awkward, but now that I have her alone, that won't be the case. Hopefully.

"Hey," I start. She looks away from the kitchen and towards me. "Yeah?" She takes a drink from her cup. "Chris and I noticed how friendly you and C were earlier, I thought you still weren't really talking to him?" I say easily. I don't want to push her, but she'll probably tell me anyway. She doesn't care. She shrugs, "I wasn't, but you and Valdez we're flirting so we just went off together. He's kind of cool, actually, and didn't make things weird so I guess I forgive him now."

I smile. He is cool.

"But there isn't anything there anymore right? Like romantically?" I question. She shakes her head making a disgusted face. "Nah, definitely not. I'm not really into him anymore." She admits. I nod. I believe her. She doesn't have a reason to lie after all. Plus, I kind of figured because they looked more friendly than coupley at the liquor store. I'm sure if something does happen between them again, I'll be the first she tells. That's how it is.

Maddy, Peyton, Natasha, and I hang out in the kitchen for most of the time. More people have arrived now, so the house is pretty packed. I haven't talked to Chris since we got here because he's been all around the house with his friends. He also occasionally makes sure the drinks aren't running out. I don't know if he's using this as an excuse to not come over and talk to me.

Any other time we've both attended a patty, he has no problem talking to me. Maybe it's different now that we're actually together. I frown at the thought. What if he doesn't want people to know we're together like that? Ugh, I knew it. He's definitely not as into me as I think he is.

I look over Natasha's shoulder to find him and I spot him almost immediately on the couch where Maddy and I sat earlier. Cgc sits on his right with a brunette next to him and then Xander is on his left with a blonde. I assume his other friends are the guys all around them. They're in a circle on surrounding chairs, all talking.

I don't want to bother, he seems to be having fun. "You okay?" Natasha, Maddy's roommate, asks. I nod quickly and smile. "Yeah, just a little tired." I lie. It's almost one in the morning and I'm wide awake. Well, I was actually getting tired until these thoughts about Chris started a panic party in my head.

I stare at him in hopes he'll catch me and at least say freaking 'hi'. He laughs at something Xander says, never even glancing my way once. All night. Maybe he doesn't want anyone to know you guys are together so he can keep getting laid by other girls. Shut up voice in my head. The girl Cgc is with says something and then he laughs again. What the heck?!

I'm totally not jealous right now. You totally are. I mean I have a reason to be, I think.

You know what, screw this. I need to start building my confidence up for this part I'm auditioning for anyway. I refill my cup and then walk over to him. He doesn't notice me until I'm finally in front of him. He's buzzed. I'm assuming he doesn't have practice tomorrow then. "Hey," I say, not wanting to overstep.

He looks at me for a second and then pulls me onto his lap. "There you are," He kisses my lips softly. He tastes like beer. The girl next to Cgc's mouth gapes and when she sees me looking, she closes it quickly. Chris grabs my chin for me to look at him instead of her. "You barely came to find me?" He asks a small pout on his lips. "You could've come to find me." I state.

He sucks his teeth, "true, I'm sorry, baby." He says, rubbing his thumb against my bare thigh. I catch a couple of glares from girls but ignore them. I'm sure they've had their chance with him. The thought makes me cringe. I don't think I want to imagine him with other girls. Not when he's with me at least. He rubs small circles on my thigh, but his attention is toward Max who's talking about football.

There are too many football words in there for me to actually understand what he's saying, so I zone out. I lay my head on Christian's shoulder and he kisses my head. I might just fall asleep right here.

"I want sleep," I whisper in his ear, loud enough for him to hear over the music. He turns his head to whisper in mine next. "I want you." He says. My face flushes slightly and when I look at him he's smiling. "Don't get me started, Christian Valdez," I reply, booping his nose. He scrunches it. "I want to get you started," he starts "and then make you finish." My mouth gapes a bit at this. I will never get used to these dirty jokes.

I think I like them though.