Chapter 2: Meeting the Starter Pokemon

Five years later...

Beep... Beep... Beep

"Ugh," Daniel groaned and looked at the time. "Why did I have to set it up this early in the morning," He yawned and rubbed his eyes.

The sound of the alarm clock woke Crystal up with a start. She rolled her eyes at her trainer for setting the alarm for so early in the morning.

Daniel hop on out of bed and stretched his arms and legs while Crystal licked herself clean, still lying down on the bed.

"Well, I guess it can't be helped," Daniel yawned. "I better start getting ready and check that everything is packed to go," He turned to face Crystal. "Morning, Crystal."

"Meowth," Crystal said, stretching her legs.

Daniel took off his pajamas and put on his clothes. He was wearing a black tank top with a green jacket over it. He also had on some grey jeans with white and red sneakers. His hair was neat comb down and stopped near his shoulders. He also had a black bag that was neatly packed.

He then headed downstairs with Crystal sitting on his left shoulder.

*

He walked into the kitchen to see a woman with blonde hair tied into a neat bun making breakfast. She also had beautiful silver eyes. Her name is Rachael Henderson, the owner of Happy helper Pokemon rehabilitation center and the mother of Daniel.

"Morning, mom," Daniel greeted with a smile. "Breakfast smells great."

"Meow," Crystal said happily.

"Morning Ruby and Crystal," Rachel smiled. "You ready for your journey since you decide to leave Pokemon tech for some reason?" She asked.

"Of course he is!" A voice exclaimed.

Daniel turned around to see a boy with short blonde hair and ice-blue eyes wearing a red hoodie with a white shirt under it and a Pikachu bag run into the kitchen with a man with short red hair wearing a police officer following behind him. It was his brother Mathew and his father, Henry.

"Full of energy like always," Henry said, chuckling at Matthew before taking a seat at that table.

"Hi, little brother and father," Daniel greeted.

"Meowth!" Crystal said, jumping off Daniel's shoulder.

"Hello, Ruby," Henry greeted. "You two, Crystal.'

"Morning, Danny," Matthew said, hugging his big brother.

Before Daniel went to sit down at the table, he went and gave Crystal some breakfast as well in her bowl. He then sat down next to Matthew and began to eat happily with his family at the table.

"So, what starter Pokemon are you going to choose, Matt?" Racheal asked.

"Um, to be honest, I haven't decided yet," Matt answered. "But I figure it out when I get there too bad a Pokemon at the center didn't get attached to me as Crystal did. That could have been my starter."

"Hey, the starter Pokemon are cool but have to agree to have a none starter Pokemon as your first Pokemon is cool," Daniel said.

*

After they finished eating, Daniel and Crystal headed off to Professor Oak's lab for Matthew to get his starter Pokemon.