Chapter 7: Meeting a new face in Viridain Forest

"Alright,  Zuko, let's start things off with Scratch!" Matthew commanded, pointing at Oddish.

"Charmander!" Zuko cried out running towards Oddish with his claws out as he aimed a powerful scratch on Oddish.

"Oddish!" Oddish cried as it slid back due to the scratch, but shook its body as it recovered from the attack from Charmander.

"Nice start, but make sure not to let your guard down," Daniel stated as he glanced at the Oddish.

"Meowth," Crystal cried out in agreement.

"Oddish!" Oddish cried out as it shook the leaves on its head, firing a Razor Leaf attack at Zuko.

"Zuko counter with Ember!" Matthew ordered.

"Char!" Zuko cried out as he opened his mouth and spit out a flame at the incoming leaves burning them and stopping the attack in its tracks.

"Now finish this with another Ember!" Matthew commanded.

"Charmander!" Zuko cried out as he released a powerful flame at Oddish, knocking it out.

Matthew then took out an empty Pokeball and threw it at the fainted Oddish. The Pokeball connected with Oddish sucking on inside.

'Alright, he doing good looks like he is getting the hang of batting Wild pokemon, but will he be able to handle a gym battle? Daniel thought as he studied his younger brother as he successfully captured Oddish as the Pokeball clicked, signaling that Oddish was captured.

"That was a pretty nice battle," a feminine voice commented.

Daniel and Matthew turned towards their left to see a ten-year-old girl with a fair skin tone, silver eyes, and shoulder-length red hair. She was wearing a red and black leather jacket with purple shorts and black boots.

"Hello there, and thanks for the compliment, um," Matthew trailed off, not knowing the girl's name

"Amber the name," She replied.

"Well Amber thanks my been teaching me everything I know," Matthew replied with a wide smile nodding at his older brother.

"That's sweet, nothing like my brother," Amber replied."So would you two be heading for Pewter City as well?" She asked.

"Yes, we are me, and my brother, and we are challenging the gym and happen to be traveling with two friends, but split up to find a Pokemon," Matthew said.

"What are you heading to Pewter City for?" Daniel asked.

"I'm planning on trying for the gym as well, but traveling alone was following a Pokemon," Amber said, looking around."Though seems I lost it," she said, not seeing the Pokemon anywhere.

"Meowth," Crystal said, nuzzling against Daniel's neck.

"What's wrong, girl?" Daniel asked, glancing up at his Meowth.

"Ah, Meowth, my father has the evolution of Meowth, and I happened to hatch one from the egg he gave me before setting on my Pokemon journey," Amber said looking at Daniel's Meowth.

"Meow," Crystal said, pointing a paw at a moving bush with something sticking out slightly.

"That color," She said as something brown left the bushes."I found it nice meeting you, but I need to go!" Amber said, running off after the mysterious Pokemon.

"She something," Matthew commented.

"Indeed, and she definitely acts like a blazing flame with her energy matching her red hair," Daniel stated.

"Speaking of red-headed, do you mind telling me how you know that Jessie we ran into?" Matthew asked, looking at his older brother curiously as he placed Oddish's Pokeball on his belt.

"Meowth," Crystal said.

"I know it's time I share about her," Daniel said, looking at Crystal."You see back in Pokemon tech. I met a beautiful girl who was sick, and she had Eevee as her partner and fell in love, but sadly, the week after the final exam results came in, she was gone before we were released to go home until next year's semester."

"So is she the rest you didn't want to return?" Matthew asked.

Daniel sighed."In a way, but most felt Pokemon tech wasn't the path I wanted to go anymore," He replied."However, she doesn't seem to care about the friendship anymore, nor does she seem to have Eevee."

"I never knew you felt in love," Matthew commented."Also, you don't have the Pokemon you caught in Pokemon tech just Crystal with you."

"I couldn't bring myself to talk about her, and the new Pokemon I did catch in Poketech you in my Pokemon catching course are still mine just didn't bring them along besides it was only two other Pokemon I succeeded in catching were still a newbie at it back then."

"I know maybe she just isn't using Eevee," Matthew said."Also, she probably cares, but something keeping her from showing it."

"Probably, either way, I won't forget her or give up are meeting must mean something, and one day I hope to be with her again," Daniel said with a wide smile on his face.

"Matt there you are!" Ash shouted, running towards Matthew and Daniel."I have been looking for you since you have been gone so long."

"Sorry, we ran into someone, and then I and Big Brother Danny started chatting."Where Misty?" She questioned.

"Forget her, let's go there Pokemon to catch!" Ash said, running forward.

"Pikachu," Pikachu sighed.

"Harsh," Daniel muttered, shaking his head.

"Why would we leave her?" Matthew asked.

Daniel turned around, feeling something following them, and noticed Misty behind the trees.

"Looks like we won't be leaving her," Daniel said.

"Meowth," Crystal said in agreement.

Pikachu nodded in agreement.

"Why are you following us?" Ash asked, annoyed.

"I'm not. This is the only way out of the forest," Misty said."Plus, you still own new a new bike."

"That again," Ash said.

Daniel glanced at Crystal and then Matthew and muttered."This is going to be  a long trip."

"I know we definitely should split up from them after Pewter City," Matthew said as he and his brother walked ahead slightly to get space from Ash and Misty fighting before finally coming to a stop for the evening.

To be continued...

Hello, my wonderful readers! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Matthew catches an Oddish and meets his future girlfriend. While Daniel explains his relationship with Jessie in the past. Ash soon meets u0 with them, and they continue the journey through the Viridian Forest as Ash and Misty continue fighting.

Thanks for reading!

Question of the chapter: What pokemon do you think Amber was looking for?

Daniel's Pokemon:

•Meowth=F[Crystal] (on hand)
•Shellder=M[Sheldon] ( on hand)
•Growlithe=F[Lassie](on hand)

Matthew's Pokemon:
• Charmander=M[Zuko] (om hand)
• Spearow=F[Sora] (on hand)
•Oddish =M[Sage] (on hand)

Word count: 1099