Chapter 5: The Return Of A Old Friend

Matthew and Daniel headed down to the dining area to eat dinner for the night along with Crystal, who was comfortable sitting on Matthew's shoulder.

"Alright, so ready to eat!" Matthew cheered as they walked into the dining area and saw many trainers sitting down and eating with their pokemon or talking to other trainers.

"Relax there, Matt. The food is not going anywhere," Daniel chuckled at his little brother's behavior.

"I know that it's just all this traveling has made me hungry, " Matthew replied, jogging towards the plates, bowls, and trays to put their food on.

"I hear you are pokemon probably feel the same way," Daniel said, grabbing some bowls of pokemon food and a plate for himself.

"Meow!" Crystal cried out in agreement with Daniel.

"Right," Mathew said as he and his brother sat down and released their Pokemon for dinner.

"Danny, do you know what kind of Gym the first is since you with to Poketech?" Matthew asked, swirling spaghetti on his fork.

"Pewter City, a rock-type gym, so grass types or water types would be a good choice," Daniel replied, petting Crystal's head.

"Meowth!" Crystal cried out happily at the attention.

"So then I need to catch a Grass-type pokemon," Matthew said.

"Would be a great choice but not always necessary if you teach your Pokemon moves to help their disadvantages," Daniel explained, swallowing some of his spaghetti.

"I see. So does Crystal have ant moves for Rock-type Pokemon?" Mathew asked.

"Yeah, she knows BubbleBeam," Daniel replied.

"Cool, didn't know she could learn that," Matthew said."I thought Meowth could only learn Thunderbolt."

"Meowth can, but they can learn different types of moves like a lot of Normal type Pokemon," Daniel explained."Well, im going to check on Growlithe, "He said, standing up and finishing the last of his food.

"I'm going to come as well, hopefully; Growlithe is doing okay," Matthew said, getting up as well.

"Crystal, you and the others can stay and finish eating. We'll be back shortly, " Daniel said, looking back at Crystal.

"Meow!"Crystal nodded her understanding.

****

Daniel and Matthew approached the desk where Nurse Joy was holding Growlithe.

"Ah, Daniel Growlithe is perfectly fine; she needs some rest and be good to go, "Nurse Joy said.

"That's good. I want to ask you this earlier, but what do you say about coming with me, Growlithe?"Daniel asked.

"Really, you want to catch Growlithe?" Matthew asked.

"Yeah, she could be an excellent fire-type addition to the team," Daniel said.

"Grow!"Growlithe cried out, licking Daniel's face.

"I believe that was a yes, "Nurse Joy said, smiling.

"Alright then, welcome to the team Ruby the Growlithe," Daniel sai tapping a Pokeball on Growlithe's forehead and sucking it on inside.

The Pokeball shook three times and clicked, signaling that Growlithe was successfully caught."Alright, Gowlithe has been caught," He said, smiling.

"Awesome, we should I introduce her to the other pokemon," Matthew said.

"Right," Daniel said, walking towards the cafeteria where Crystal and the others were eating.