Chapter 4: Viridian City & The firey puppy

Daniel and Mathew continued their journey to Viridian City when it started raining.

"Rain," Matthew said, looking up at the sky.

"Yeah, but worry, I can see the city up ahead were almost there," Daniel said, looking up head where he saw signs of buildings.

"Awesome! So we're almost there!" Mathew cheered.

"Meowth," Crystal cried, not liking the feeling of the rain hitting her.

"Relax, Crystal; we be there in a few minutes, just a little bit farther," Daniel said as he and Mathew continued down the path as they passed a sign saying Viridian City up ahead.

*

"Finally, we made it!" Matthew cheered as they finally arrived in Viridian City before it started coming down too hard.

"First stop the Pokemon center and then the pokemart to buy extra Pokemon medicine," Daniel said, looking at Mathew and Crystal.

"Alright," Mathew said, following his brother to the Pokemon center as they heard a female voice announce on the city intercom.

"Attention, citizens of Viridian City! Attention, citizens of Viridian City! We have reports of possible Pokémon thieves in our area! Be on the lookout for suspicious-looking strangers! Repeat. Be on the lookout for suspicious-looking--" 

"Pokemon thieves, I wonder who they could be," Matthew wondered out loud as they continued walking towards the Pokemon center.

"Who knows, there probably wanted poster around here. Anyway, as she said, we should stay on the lookout," Daniel stated, looking at Crystal, who was resting in his arms.

Matthew and Daniel are suddenly stopped by a female officer named Officer Jenny, holding them by the collar of their jacket.

"Hold it!" Officer Jenny snapped, catching Mathew and Daniel's attention.

Before Matthew or Daniel could say anything, Officer Jenny asked Daniel with a bit of a smile on her face even though she was stern, "And just where do you three think you're going with that Pokémon?"

"It's my Pokémon she exhausted!" Daniel answered."I'm taking her to the Pokemon center to get treated and to get out of the rain, officer."

"Yeah, so can we get going now and take are Pokemon to the Pokemon center," Matthew chimed in, wanting to get out of the rain.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you three might be stealing it. Just show me your ID's, and you all can go." Officer Jenny replied softly, which confused Matthew.

"ID's? Uh, we don't have any." Matthew replied, confusion in his voice. "You see, we just got here from Pallet town."

"You know you two are the third and fourth person who just came here from Pallet town," Officer Jenny commented, which made Matthew groan.

"The third and fourth means Gary was here already," Matthew muttered.

"Anyway, how about are Pokedexes? I believe those are considered are ID," Daniel suggest placing Crystal on his shoulder and pulling out his yellow Pokedex.

"Oh," Matthew said, taking out his own gave it to the officer and his older brother Daniel.

"I'm Dexter. A pokedex programmed by Professor Oak for Pokemon trainer Daniel Henderson from Pallet Town. My function is to provide Daniel with information and advice regarding Pokemon and their training. If lost or stolen, I can't be replaced," Daniel's pokedex said.