Chapter 6: Matthew encounters an new Pokémon

Matthew glanced at his older brother Daniel as he thought about Ash's earlier question.

"So what is it, little bro? Would you like to travel with Ash?" Daniel asked, snapping Matthew out of his thoughts.

"Well, I originally planned to travel with big bro here,  but we could travel together, at least for a little while, " Matthew said.

"Alright then, let's go. Viridian Forest is just up ahead!" Ash shouted, running forward with Pikachu.

"He never changes, "Matt said, shaking his head as he rushed after Ash.

"Wait for me, " Daniel said, laughing as he caught up with his brother and Ash's behavior.

"I'm not  done with you!" Misty yelled angrily as she rushed after the trio.

***

Daniel caught up with his little brother Matt, Ash with Misty close behind him when she suddenly screamed.

"What is it?" Ash asked confused about why Misty screamed.

"Ah, that thing," Misty said pointing at a small green worm Pokemon.

"A Caterpie I'm going to capture it, "Ash taking out a Pokeball."Go Pokeball!" He shouted throwing a Pokeball at Caterpie.

"You do know you're supposed to battle a Pokémon before capturing it," Daniel commented as he watched Ash throw the Pokeball at Caterpie.

"Times like this I feel like Ash needs an older sibling to guide him more than me," Matt said."Lucky Caterpie is the easiest," He stated as the Pokeball clicked signaling that Caterpie was successfully captured.

"Don't ruin the moment I captured a Pokémon!" Ash cheered grabbing  Misty and jumping around excitedly.

"You know we meet up with you me and big bro are going to find ourselves a Pokémon to capture," Matt said grabbing his brother's hand as he walked deeper into the forest.

"Meowth," Crystal said looking at Matt curiously from her position on Daniel's shoulder.

~~~

"You were just trying to get away from Ash's behavior weren't you?" Daniel asked with a chuckle.

"Trust me Ash is a good friend of mine but he can be quite a fool," Matthew commented.

"You're not wrong there he doesn't even know how to capture Pokémon," Daniel said.

"Meowth," Crystal cried out in agreement with Daniel.

A rustling sound was heard coming from the bushes.

"Ah, something there," Matthew said reaching for a Pokeball.

"At least you've gotten the hang of knowing you need to battle a Pokémon before capturing it," Daniel said seeing his little brother getting ready to battle.

Soon stepping out of the bushes is a small Pokémon that resembles a blue plant bulb or a root vegetable. It has a round body, beady red eyes, a small mouth, and ovoid feet. Five large, green leaves sprout from its head.

"An Oddish," Daniel said."You should capture it will be great for the gym given you don't have a water type for the Pewter City which is rock type," He said.

"So a grass type," Matthew said studying the Pokémon in front of them."Let's go Zuko!" He said sending out his Charmander.

"Char!" Zuko cried out ready to battle the Oddish.

Hello wonderful readers!

I hope you enjoy the sixth chapter of this story. Ash captures a Caterpie. While Daniel and Mathew head farther into their forest they run into an Oddish that Matthew is getting ready to capture as his third Pokémon.  Please comment below to let me know what you think of the story so far.

Anyway, thanks for reading, and sorry about the chapter pretty short.

Question of the chapter: What Pokemon do you hope for Daniel and Mathew to catch?

Daniel Pokemon:
•Meowth=F = Crystal (On-hand)
•Shellder= M=Sheldon (On-hand)
•Growlith=F=Lassie (On-hand)

Matthew Pokemon:
•Chamander=M=Zuko (On-hand)
• Spearow=F=Sora (On-hand)

Word Count: 612