California Adventure

Let's say Toontopia's version of California Adventure is based on the same theme park of the same name of the second theme park at the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California, located adjacent to Disneyland that opened on February 8, 2001.

To all who believe in the power of dreams, welcome. Disney's California Adventure opens its golden gates to you. Here we pay tribute to the dreamers of the past: the native people, explorers, immigrants, aviators, entrepreneurs and entertainers who built the Golden State. And we salute a new generation of dreamers who are creating the wonders of tomorrow, from the silver screen to the computer screen, from the fertile farmlands to the far reaches of space. Disney's California Adventure celebrates the richness and the diversity of California... its land, its people, its spirit and, above all, the dreams that it continues to inspire.

We should head to Buena Vista Street here we can encounter a collection of shops and restaurants themed to an idealized California postcard, anchored by a scaled-down version of San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge, over which the Disneyland Monorail passed. The large, colorful, and stylized Greetings from California store dominated the Plaza's northeast side, while the building on the northwest side resembled an early 20th century Mission Revival-style railroad station, featuring a non-functioning replica of a Southern Pacific Railroad California Zephyr train, with an authentic EMD F7 locomotive cab. This faux station housed Engine Ears Toys, Baker's Field Bakery, and Bur-r-r Bank Ice Cream. The south end of the Plaza featured a large metallic sun, surrounded by mirrors that shifted throughout the day to reflect the actual Sun's rays onto the Plaza's miniature version.

Shopping

• Engine Ears Toys

• Greetings from California

Dining

• Baker's Field Bakery

• Bur-r-r Bank Ice Cream

Let's check on Grizzly Peak. The area is designed to look like the typical Californian National Park setting found in the 1950s. The land opened with the park in 2001 as part of a subsection of a larger land, Golden State, which also included two other neighboring lands, Pacific Wharf and Condor Flats. The land's name is synonymous with its central icon, Grizzly Peak, a man-made, 110-foot (34 m) mountain in the shape of a grizzly bear, which represents California's state animal.

Attractions

• Soarin' Around the World

• Redwood Creek Challenge Trail

• Push the Talking Trash Can

• Grizzly River Run

Entertainment

• The Magic of Brother Bear

• Minnie's Flight Girls Charter Airline Show

Restaurants

• Churros near Redwood Creek Challenge Trail

• Festival Marketplace - I Heart Artichokes

• Popcorn at Grizzly Peak Airfield

• Smokejumpers Grill

Shops

• Humphrey's Service and Supplies

• Rushin' River Outfitters

There will also be Paradise Gardens. Paradise Gardens Park (formerly known as Paradise Pier) is based on that of Victorian boardwalks that were once found along the coast of California. Despite its name and the presence of a nearby man-made lake, Paradise Pier is not actually a pier, but merely a waterside area of the park. The California Screamin' sprawled across much of the area, with various other attractions and forms of entertainment surrounding it.