Adventureland

"Here is adventure. Here is romance. Here is mystery. Tropical rivers - silently flowing into the unknown. The unbelievable splendor of exotic flowers...the eerie sound of the jungle...with eyes that are always watching."

Adventureland is designed to be an exotic tropical place in a far-off region of the world. "To create a land that would make this dream reality," said Walt Disney, "we pictured ourselves far from civilization, in the remote jungles of Asia and Africa."

The Adventureland here is divided into two main-sub areas, one being the Arabian Village and the other being the Caribbean Plaza, which is home to Pirates of the Caribbean. The original Polynesian motif is still visible with the prominence of jungle surrounding the Swiss Family Treehouse and Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room. The 1930s adventurer/explorer vibe is clear with the background music heard over loud projecting speakers recently installed throughout Adventureland with a different vibe than that of Disneyland's, but with a similar Big Band music and witty announcements. The Magic Carpets of Aladdin is unique to this version of Adventureland.

The entrance to Adventureland is a tropical outpost and marketplace blending African, Caribbean, and Pacific influences, while the eastern side of the land is more exotic with the Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Forbidden Eye and Jungle Cruise taking up a majority of the landscape.

Adventureland was originally developed under the name "True-Life Adventureland", inspired by the True-Life Adventures documentary series. Early layouts of Disneyland placed it on the eastern side of Disneyland south of Tomorrowland, with a much narrower layout for its main "Rivers of Adventure" attraction, which became known as the Jungle Cruise. Initially conceived as an attraction featuring live animals, mechanical ones would be used instead to provide a consistent show. As the plans for Disneyland became finalized, Adventureland shifted to the west side of the park to better allow for the Jungle Cruise river to be interconnected with Frontierland's Rivers of America.

Attractions and Entertainment

• Jungle Cruise

• Tarzan's Treehouse

• Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Forbidden Eye

• Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room

• Pirates of the Caribbean

• The Magic Carpets of Aladdin

• Swiss Family Treehouse

• A Pirate's Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas

• The Enchanted Tiki Room (Under New Management)

• Big Game Safari Shooting Gallery

• Magnolia Park

Restaurants

• Bengal Barbecue

• Tiki Juice Bar

• Tropical Imports

• The Tropical Hideaway

• Tahitian Terrace (1962-1993)

• Aladdin's Oasis (1993-2017)

• Indy Fruit Cart (1995-2006)

• Sunkist I Presume (1962-1992)

• Aloha Isle Refreshments

• Sunshine Tree Terrace

• Tortuga Tavern

• Skipper Canteen

Shopping

• Adventureland Bazaar