Chapter 14: A Outing with Mother

It took a week since Kyouko met Kazuto. In her mind, it still amazed her. That Kazuto and her daughter, Asuna was pretty accustomed to the virtual world, the virtual world that separated their bond. 

All the bad things that she had said to her, she felt ashamed of herself. Ashamed of that she didn't get to know the Asuna that Kazuto knew back in SAO. 

As she was in her office, thinking of how to mend the relationship of her daughter, a tap came onto her door. 

"Come in." She said. To her amazement, it was her son, who apparently decided to stay in Japan to support the family.

"Oh, it's you, Kouichirou. Is something the matter?" She asked her son curiously.  He seems to be nervous about it, but he muster up the courage to ask her something. 

"Mother, do you want to do an outing with Asuna and me? It's just the three of us." 

Kyouko thought to herself, "Wow, an outing. I haven't thought of doing one for a long time now. Maybe this way, I can get to talk to Asuna and apologize to her properly this time. 

Maybe Kazuto may be right. This has to be a right way to mend our bond." 

"Ok, let's go. I don't have any plans today." She said, which shook her son to the core of that his mother agreed to it so easily.

"A-All right. I'll tell Asuna right away, she'll be amazed at this." He said, as he closes the door behind him to get his younger sister . 

In Asuna's room, Asuna was sitting down, writing in her diary, when she heard a knock coming in.

"Sis, it's me. Can I come in?" Kouichirou asked, as Asuna closes her diary, "Yes, always." 

He came in, as that he sat on her bed. "So, how you feel, about the whole AFO thing? Honestly, I can't believe all of it was actually true.

It felt like something out of a fairytale make-believe." 

Asuna titled her head, "Kouichirou, would I ever lie about any of that? I know it's a lot to process, but you didn't actually know about anything about the virtual world than I do. 

Remember, I was literally struck in a game for two years. Imagine how hard it was for Leafa. She basically had to wait for her brother to wake up, and learning that he was involved with someone like Akihiko Kayaba or Sugou, things would be a lot more complicated than you realize." 

Kouichirou thought for a moment then laughs. "I guess that you're the main expert than I ever was, Sis. 

Although, I can't believe this is the same girl I've known my whole life. You changed, you used to be hard-headed and cold to everyone who ever try to talk to you.

Now, you let that barrier go and be your true self. Honestly, I'm kind of jealous of that change." 

Asuna never heard of her older brother's feelings like that before, even though they used to tell each other how they feel.

Kouichirou got up, as he said, "I almost forgotten of why I came to find ya. Mom's itching to go on that outing we wanted to do." 

"For real? Are you joking?" She asked, shocked that their mother agreed. Asuna thought, "Was it all because of Kazuto? Did he manage to talk to her that day?"

"Uh, Asuna? Is everything all right?" Kouichirou asked her, as that she sweats, "Awe, it's nothing. C'mon, it's an outing with Mom, who would've thought, huh?"