Chapter 17: A courage step forward

After the talk with Erika and Kirito, Sugu was still unsure how to interact with neither of them. It's not an easy feat, especially after the long talk she had with her older brother. 

She turns around in bed, as that she was still uncomfortable with the whole ordeal. "Sugu, are you ok?" Kazuto asked, as to him being worried about her. 

She didn't reply back, as the black teen sighs. He still knew that being trapped in the virtual world isn't the same with being in the real one. 

He thought about what Asuna said about their relationship, that she needed some alone time to sort all of it out. 

"Maybe Asuna does have a solid point. She needs some privacy, mostly because I wasn't truly there when I was in a coma and being held captive in AFO." 

He decided to head into Dicy Cafe to get insight of what he can do for her. "Ah, what you know. Kirito, this is rare surprise. I thought that you would come with your girl." Klein said, which Kirito rolls his eyes at his best friend and hit him hard in the stomach. 

Agil sighs as if he knew that Klein really have to make a joke without knowing the consequences. "Sometimes I worry about what comes out of your mouth, Klein. You have to be more careful next time. " 

Klein rubbed the bruise, as he sat up, "How am I supposed to know that he would hit me like that? We've been through a lot together." 

The bartender shook his head as the teen sat down. "So, what brings you here?" 

"Well, I kind of needed advice. It's about Leafa. She is still not talking to me or Erika apparently." He explains which the boys exchanged looks. 

" I thought she would be ok after the whole AFO incident. I know it caused such a dire problem for us all, but I never inspected it would be so effected on her."  Klein said, being amazed and curious about it. 

Kazuto sighs in regret, as that he wants to support his sister in some way, but he doesn't have any ideas how, mostly because he never truly stays in touch with her a lot. 

"Well, it's not going to be an easy step for everyone, besides, every person is a victim to that death game." Agil said, which the black teen remain silent. 

He understands what he meant by that, as that Klein said, "Well, I suggest that giving Leafa some privacy is the right thing, but I think that she has the person to have the will to step forward on her own terms." 

Kazuto smiled at the couragement as then, a text beep came into his phone. It was from Asuna's father, Shouzou Yuuki. 

"I got to go." He informed his friends as he dashes off. 

In the Kirigaya household, the young teen was in the dojo, as she was trying to make her kendo practice. 

"I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you." The echo concern of her brother's voice still rings in her mind, as that Sugu wasn't too sure if she can let the trauma go. 

"I'm pretty selfish, am i? Here i am, doing kendo practice. " She mutters as then she sees Aiko was leaning on the doorway. 

"Aiko! What you doing here?" The young teen asked her AFO friend, as the teen said, rolling her eyes, "I was checking on you, everyone does. 

You seemed distracted lately since you went to see Floor 22. What happened back there?" She asked as the girls sat outside of the dojo. 

"I had a talk with Erika and my brother. I just can't simply let it all go, Aiko. I feel like I was terrified of loosing my brother for that world all the time. 

I feel like I lost everything, the sight of who i was." 

"It's never too late to start anew. Kirito will always be there for you, as long you support him too. The longer you hesaint, the longer it is to hold those feelings in." Aiko advices her. 

"Ok, I feel you. I .. i will talk to him directly this time, no hard feelings." Sugu said as she went to find her brother.