Chapter 8: Guardian Battle

Recon and Mizuki was standing in the Guardian Gate. They waiting for both Erika and Leafa to return. 

"I wonder if they settled down and make up." Recon asked, curious about the interaction between the two players. 

"Maybe that Leafa and Erika got held up with something. I mean, Erika did wanted to come here, to the World Tree after all. " Mizuki said. 

Although, she still felt a little bit of jealously. She had known Leafa for the longest time, and then all of a sudden, Erika appears in Alfheim and they wanted to conquer the World Tree Quest with their help. 

It didn't add up, as though it seems out of place. As she lost in thought, Recon notices the familiar two players coming into view. 

"Erika, Leafa!" He exclaimed happily as both of them landed into the ground. "Hey, Recon, Mizuki. " 

Recon asked, being curious, "Have you both make up? What was the argument about?"

"It's kind of personal, Recon. Please try to understand that." Erika said, as Leafa nods, concurring with her. 

"Anyway, here's what's going to happen. The four of us, we're going to do the World Tree Quest. We'll conquer it and let Erika and Yui get to the top." 

The two of them were silent for a moment, as that they were trying to adjust what Leafa just told them. 

"Wait, What?!?" Recon exclaimed, shocked. 

Mizuki asked, "Are you really going to do it, going to the top of the World Tree? It's way too dangerous!" 

Erika said, "I need this, guys. Please, lend me your strength. Yui and I really need to go through to the top, but we can't do that unless we can get pass though those Guardians. " 

The two of them looked at each other then beamed, "Of course we will lend you our strength! You don't have to ask!" 

Erika smiled, but then turned serious. "Hey, Yui. Do you have any info about the World Tree's Guardians?"

The little Pixie said, in a serious tone, "The states aren't very high, but that isn't the real problem, Mommy. 

The truth is, that there is too many of them. This quest was designed to be impossible to finish to begin with. " 

Mitsuki said, "That explains how the other races couldn't do this quest. Whoever is the final boss, knew that the players would do anything to break the cycle. " 

"Whatever. This isn't going to stop us. Besides, I made a promise to myself, that I wouldn't give up. 

There is a person I want to come back in the real world, and Erika, you are the person that will come through. 

Let's do this." 

Erika smiled, "Thanks , all three of you. I still can't believe that I had made it this far. Listen, this is what I was thinking for the fight. 

I'll try to draw their attention, so all three of you should focus on healing me when I take on damages. " 

They entered the gates as Erika fights off the Guardians. They were so many of them, as they have been unstoppable. 

Mitsuki said, "This is absolutely insane! Erika, look out!" 

Erika continues battling on, as Recon notices how badly Leafa meant it. "Leafa.. this is really important to you, to Erika?"

"Yes. It is. It's not a game anymore, well, not at the moment. " 

Recon was silent for a moment, but then he said, "Then, I have an idea to get Erika to the top! Mizuki, look after them!"