00.

Venus Carter was by no means a good person. And she didn't realize it until a few years ago, when the infamous Roy Harper burned down her father's house. With her in it. Her father and sisters died that day, and she certainly doesn't miss them. No, she doesn't regret shimmying down the fire escape with her family trapped inside, their screams echoing through the alleyways. She doesn't regret walking away from the burning facility that she's been kept in for most of her life. 

Venus wasn't a girl of empathy, but her first regret was leaving her sisters begging for help, trapped beneath the fallen ceiling. She still remembers their stone cold faces as they watched her climb out the window, murder burning in their eyes. She remembers the smell of burning flesh, the sounds of sizzling skin. 

After that night, she hunted him down. Roy Harper: the man responsible for eighteen deaths, five of which were no older than twelve. It took her a few days to find him, to find out where he lived. And once she did, she snuck through his window and flung her dagger right into his stomach. She was unaware of his girlfriend, who watched the whole ordeal from the kitchen. Venus was caught off guard when the girl tackled her to the ground, pining her arms down. Venus put up a good fight, but ultimately, she was beat. 

Roy Harper lived, with nothing but a faint scar remaining. And Venus was not sent to prison. She didn't get in any trouble at all. The girlfriend, Jade, claimed to be her sister and insisted Venus stay with them. Venus agreed, only because Jade seemed to know a little too much of her past, and she would need to be eliminated eventually. Keep your friends close (if she had any friends), enemies closer was the first lesson her father ever taught her.

Maybe Venus has gone a little soft throughout the years, but she ended up truly caring about Jade, and yes, eventually Roy. And that was when she was given another chance. A chance at a second life, without violence and chaos. A life without a trail of bodies following behind her.

So, Venus was (and still is) never a good a person, but God did she try for him. Jason Todd, the dark haired boy with piercing green eyes, who showed her how to live. The world was bright and beautiful with her hand in his; everything was wonderful and made sense. He deserved the world, and Venus knew she could never give it to him. And now she'd never get the chance.

Because now, Jason Todd is dead and the colors faded. He is dead and the world is dead and Venus wishes she were dead. He left her to rot in the depths of Gotham, filled with hate and anger and sadness and so, so much anger

She blames many people for his unfortunate death; mostly pretty rich men who refuse to pull the trigger, stupid clowns who hide in cracks, and idiot cops who don't do their jobs. She blames herself for not being there, for not looking harder. She sees his mangled body slumped in the corner of her mind, haunting her everywhere she goes. Jason Todd is dead and he is not coming back.

They say revenge is a dish best served cold, but Venus is out for blood.