14.

Venus squinted as she stood, stretching her arms above her head. The students and teachers were gathered at the back of an ambulance at the opening near the alleyway. Venus nodded to herself and looked around curiously. The front of the museum was swarming with law enforcement and impatient looking officers. A tech and audio team were under a large tent to the left of the ambulance with a large crowd of important-looking people behind them, watching the screens.

She stormed over to the tent, shoving her way through the crowd. A couple of dirty looks and grunts were sent her way, but really, she had more pressing issues. "Venus! Over here!"

Venus glanced at Gordon and raised her brows in acknowledgment. Surely, he'd have some sort of plan. Or, would help her make one at the very least. She really didn't trust anyone here to get the job done except for Gordon. "Excuse me, coming through. Move!" Venus demanded as she pushed her way through a thick crowd of annoyed-looking officers.

"Gordon," She greeted, dusting off her suit. "You gonna let me in there?" Venus asked sweetly, gesturing to the museum.

Gordon only chuckled dryly, adjusting his glasses. "Unfortunately, the boys are handling this. You did your part, wonderful job by the way, but we're good for now."

"The boys?" She frowned. "I'm not liking the sound of that." Who can do a job better than her? And Venus didn't care about Dick's bullshit alpha-male thing; if anything, they'd underestimate her, giving her the perfect advantage. Which she knows Dick understands, he just likes being a dick.

"Nightwing and Robin," Gordon nodded confidently. "It would've been nice to have Batman, but if he trusts them, so do I. I'm still hesitant on Redhood, though. Do you know why he's here?"

She shrugged, distracted as she glanced at the screens. "A room full of bad guys? Of course he's going to be there. I don't know how they plan on getting out, though. If I can just crawl through the vents again and take them by surprise-- "

Venus paused abruptly as her eyes wide. She whirled around, hair whipping her cheeks. "Did you just say Robin?"

"Yes, I sent him in through the back. It'll take a while for him to get through the locks, but he'll be able to help," Gordon said hesitantly, confused at her sudden reaction.

Cursing, Venus began to shove her way through the crowd. She nicked a handgun from an officer and pulled up the ventilation system on her phone. Hopefully, she'd take care of the criminals before Tim even manages to get in. The museum's security would be tough to crack, even for a Robin.

"I know what I'm doing. Don't try to stop me," She called menacingly over her shoulder, shaking her hand with the gun at Gordon. Strapping the gun on her side, she practically sprinted towards the alleyway.

It's not like Venus doesn't trust Jason. She just knows he kind of has anger issues, and is slightly unhinged right now. So if he saw Tim, Robin, right here in the museum, Venus felt there was a pretty good chance Jason would forget all about the criminals and just shoot Tim. Or rough him up and then shoot him. Which she would really like to avoid. Tim's a great guy, but he wouldn't stand a chance against Jason.

It wasn't until she approached the ambulance did she realize that she practically just threatened the Commissioner. Shit. Looking over her shoulder, it didn't seem like anyone was following her. So, she carried on, pulling herself back into that damned shaft entrance.

She quickly crawled back to the now empty hostage room, the unconscious bodies still undisturbed on the floor. Poking her head out of the vent, she squinted to see Dick and Jason still talking to the criminals. Or bargaining. Whatever they were doing. The thugs seemed to be restless, from what Venus could see. It wouldn't be long until they start shooting.