13.

Venus winced as Jason cracked his neck loudly, pouring milk into his cereal. She wrinkled her nose in distaste at his choice in breakfast; it was probably the most sugary food in all of Gotham, next to those doughnuts down the street. And much to Venus and Jade's dismay, Roy was talking animatedly to them as he shoveled food into his mouth. A deadly combination.

She sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose. "Roy, please. For the love of God, chew with your mouth closed." He immediately frowned, swallowing yet another mouthful as Jason laughed behind him.

"Yes, mom" He saluted sarcastically. "You know, you've been acting an awful lot like Jade these days, and I don't like it."

"And what's not to like about me?" Jade asked, glaring at him absentmindedly. Her fingertips casually rested atop a butter knife Jason had just put down. Venus smirked challengingly at Roy; much damage could be done with a butter knife, they've done more with less.

Glancing at the knife, he shook his head. "It's too early for this," He mumbled, walking over to the couch. Jason watched amusedly before nudging Venus's side, handing her a slice of buttered toast. She accepted it but shook her head; she should be the one making him breakfast, not the other way around. And not in a weird, sexist way, but because he literally just got resurrected.

"I still have no idea how they're together," Jason murmured, spooning the last bites of the cereal into his mouth. Venus chuckled as they watched Jade join her boyfriend on the sofa. Honestly, Venus didn't understand either; they were complete opposites, and sometimes she swears Jade wants to murder him. But they work, which Venus finds oddly adorable.

She bit into her toast and nodded. "I've seen weirder."

Jason finished his cereal and poured himself another bowl, smiling contently. "God, I've missed food. Like actual, good food. I've been living on the shit food stored in the bunker; I'd rather die than eat another cashew." He paused. "Never mind, dying sucks."

"You were out killing people, and you couldn't, like, rob a store?" Venus exclaimed in disbelief. She grinned widely as she laughed, grasping the kitchen counter. Now that was hilarious. He definitely wasn't above stealing a few years ago, so what changed?

He narrowed his eyes at her and opened his mouth before closing it. He furrowed his brows, as if he didn't know what to say. "Actually, I don't know. I already had everything I needed, so no point in stealing, I guess? I was focused on...other things."

"Mhm," She hummed, still greatly amused. She handed him a slice of her toast. "You up to see Barbara today? I don't know when she's leaving again, and I know you two were close."

Jason stopped eating momentarily. "Yeah, sure, that sounds great. She'll probably lecture me on some stupid shit, but thats Barbara for you."

"Good, I already invited her to coffee at that place on the corner street," Venus beamed, mentally congratulating herself for thinking ahead. She was counting on him to agree; once she got him settled in with Barbara, Venus would pretend she got an emergency call and excuse herself. That way, she and Jade would have time to plan for Cayne and Dunn, and they'd hopefully execute their plan the next day. It was horrible timing, with her boyfriend coming back from the dead after nearly two years, but she just has a few loose ends she needs to take care of. It wouldn't take long, she was trained to do this. And besides, Jason hasn't seen Barbara in like four or five? years. They wouldn't miss her.

He looked at her suspiciously, hand on her forearm. "You're being oddly responsible. You feeling okay?"

"It's been a few years," Venus reminded him. "Maybe I've matured."