10.

Venus rushed after Bruce and Dick, cursing as they leaped over furniture. They seemed to be in a hurry, but they couldn't stop and answer her questions? They practically catapulted themselves into the elevator, Tim shoving his hand between the doors to let himself in.

"What do you mean, you know who he is?" Tim demanded, dark hair flat against his forehead.

Dick tapped his foot impatiently. "It means, we know who he is."

"We will, in a few minutes," Bruce corrected, carefully holding up a bloodied knife.

Venus gasped loudly, covering her mouth. "You stabbed him?!"

"No," Bruce said, unimpressed. "When we found him, he was being attacked by five assassins, presumably under another crime lord's order. We helped him, assuming he was the lesser of the two evils."

"We let him go since we got his DNA," Dick added, nodding to the knife. "He won't be able to run for long."

The four stepped out of the elevator and into the Batcave. Venus shivered; her dress didn't offer much warmth. She looked to Dick, who smiled carefully at her. "We still good?"

Venus nodded, the hint of a grin on her lips. "I was being a little stupid, I guess." Dick sighed in relief and moved to hug her, when Tim interrupted.

"C'mon guys! He's running it right now!"

Dick offered Venus a fist bump before they jogged to Bruce, who sat in front of the large computer. The computer had five different screens; a large, main one with four smaller ones surrounding it. They were proved to be useful when monitoring surveillance footage and running all sorts of tests: including DNA tests. As long as Red Hood was in the system (medical, federal, or criminal, it didn't really matter), the computer will be able to match his DNA with almost anyone in the world.

Venus was very curious of who Red Hood is. Yes, she had her suspicions recently, but she's put them to rest. It was merely the hopes of a stupid girl who refuses to face her problems. Besides the fact that it is completely unrealistic, she just couldn't afford to get her hopes up. Building up her hopes only to find out the vigilante isn't him, would perhaps hurt her almost as much as his death did. Because it would force her to face the facts: he is dead, and never coming back. It's reality, and Venus would not be able to run from it any longer. She'd have to face it head on and deal with it, rather than dodging and hiding from it, shoving it into the back of her mind refusing to accept nor deny it. Hope is a dangerous thing, something Venus can never risk having.

But yeah. That silly idea was completely out of the picture, and Venus was just looking forward to seeing who he is. It must be someone she knows, he knew her name after all. And she just might have to congratulate him for being such a goddamn genius before they arrested him.

Bruce remained in his seat, staring at the screen intensely. Venus, Dick and Tim stood behind him, eyes locked on the main screen as it performed the scan. Venus crossed her arms near her chest tightly with an amused expression; this kid is about to be busted. She almost felt sorry for him. He almost succeeded at outsmarting Batman, but now, his story is about to come to a close.

The computer seemed to stop at ninety-six percent. "C'mon, c'mon," Grumbled Dick as Bruce tapped his fingers on the keyboard anxiously. Tim was obnoxiously tapping his foot on the floor, making Venus the only one who was completely still. The screen flashed a ninety-eight percent at them, and she allowed herself a small smirk. This was the most fun she's had in a while! despite her hectic day.

With a rather loud click sound, the scan was complete and showed a picture of a young, dark haired boy. Venus didn't even bother to read the name and information under it as she stared in shock.