07.

"So, you're saying, you chased down Red Hood, alone?" Dick exclaimed enviously. He shook his head in disbelief as he paced around his desk. 

"We got into a little tussle, too" Venus proudly added. "I had him but, y'know, I'm a little rusty."

Dick scoffed and put his hands on hips sternly. "You really shouldn't go chasing murderers, Venus. What happened to a normal, safe life?"

"You know me," Venus shrugged. "Trouble just follows me around." She was mostly joking, but Dick definitely took it seriously, nodding his head. He continued pacing.

"Did you hear his voice? How tall he is? Anything helpful?" He threw his hands up in the air exhaustedly. Venus raised her brows amusedly and grinned.

"No, no, and no. He was wearing a helmet, it modified his voice" She responded unhelpfully, leaning on his desk. "Maybe you should call in Batman if you're so stressed." It was understandable; Red Hood has been cleansing Gotham for more than a few weeks, and the police weren't getting any closer to catching him. 

Dick shrugged. "I'll for his advice at the gala tonight." 

Venus smiled victoriously. Finally, he pushed his ego aside and is willing to ask for help from the big man! She never thought she'd see the day! 

"But," Dick said seriously, crossing his arms. "You're coming with me."

Venus's smile fell as she scowled fiercely. "Um, and why would I go?"  

"Because, there's free food?" Dick suggested jokingly. More seriously, he added, "Don't you want to be part of this investigation?" 

She frowned, pondering. She did want to be a part of the case, it was far too interesting to pass up. But working with Bruce? Venus didn't know if she could cooperate with him. But it has been almost two years, is she really that petty? She decided ultimately with a shrug that she'll try, for Dick's sake. And Tim's, she guesses. Stupid boy and his stupid pep talks. 

"Fine. But if he does something stupid, I'm done" Venus spoke sternly. "And if I accidentally punch him, it's not my fault."

Dick smiled widely, brown eyes swimming with excitement. "Great! I'll pick you up at six!" 

------------------------

Venus tugged uncomfortably on the straps of her black, silk dress. It was a simple dress that hugged her body and gradually fanned out on the bottom; she borrowed it from Jade, who assured her she'd be breaking hearts in it. More like breaking faces, if any snooty rich person pissed her off. But whatever, this was happening. She was going to a gala, for the first time in three years. 

She scrunched her nose, remembering how boring they were without a certain someone. She remembered the last gala they attended at the Wayne Manor years ago.

The two strode down the elegant staircase, Venus's arm wrapped around his bicep. Spotting all the people at the bottom, she squeezed his arm unconsciously, not fond of large crowds. Jason glanced down at her, emerald eyes twinkling. He flexed his bicep and winked, eliciting an exaggerated eye roll from his partner.