06.

Three weeks later, and Gotham's new vigilante was everywhere, much to the GPD's despair. The vigilante, who people began to call Red Hood, much to Venus's amusement, left bodies around Gotham left and right. All criminals, of course, and Venus can't help but wonder how this guy has so much free time. The police are left with a pile of bodies, scrambling from crime scene to crime scene. The vigilante leaves zero evidence; he's untraceable. 

Of course, this has sparked a huge controversy in Gotham City. Some are grateful for this new vigilante; they think he's doing Gotham a favor by killing the criminals. And they're right. Crime rates have dropped down to almost three percent, as opposed to the eighty-five percent it was at three weeks ago. This guy is effective and efficient. On the other hand, people are scared. If someone can go around killing criminals playing God, what's to say innocent people aren't next? And, killing is against the law. Gotham citizens try their best to be law-abiding citizens. 

Honestly, Venus doesn't really care. If they don't catch him, whatever. If they do, she could care less. She's neutral, and just living her life, going to classes and helping out around the station. She can't say the same for Dick, though. He's been extremely stressed over the past few weeks. Sure, he loves a challenge, but this Red Hood character seems to be completely out of his ball park. 

"Maybe he's ex-military," Venus suggested to Dick, reclining in her swivel chair. Dick ran a hand through his messy hair, profusely combing through files. Venus eyes his loose tie and untucked shirt with amusement, smirking.

"Maybe you should take a break, Richard" She said, fiddling with a strand of hair. "There are plenty of detectives here who are perfectly capable of doing...whatever you're doing."

Dick grunted, not even looking up. "I'll take a break once we catch this guy."

"Maybe you should make your rounds as," Venus lowered her voice, leaning in. "Nightwing. Rough him up a bit and make the arrest."

"Gordon already called in Batman and Robin for help," Dick spoke, voice strained. "They haven't found anything yet, except that he's definitely trained and super fast. Tim said, and I quote, he looks like he knows what he's doing."

Venus furrowed her brows. "So they almost caught him?"

"Not really. They just caught him sitting on the rooftops and chased him for a while," Dick responded, massaging his temples. "He somehow managed to loose both of them." 

She whistled lowly. "Damn, maybe Batman is getting old." 

Dick sent her an unimpressed look. "No, trust me. This guy is just really good."

"We can lure him out, use someone as bait," Venus suggested, examining her cold hands. 

"That's actually not a bad idea," Dick said, nodding slowly. "I'll bring that up with Gordon next time I see him."

"And I volunteer as bait!" Venus cheered, raising her hand slightly. 

Dick looked at her condescendingly. "Maybe. If you're that bored, you should take more classes or something. Or get back into crimefighting, Bruce could use the help."

"I'm perfectly fine fighting crime from the police station," She scoffed, expression sour. "And, thanks to this Red Hood fellow, Bruce doesn't need any help. He could probably just retire, honestly." 

"We don't need any more help right now, we can leave" Dick sighed, running a hand down his face. There was almost no crime on the streets now, leaving the police with nothing to do. "Keep an eye out for Red Hood."