Backstories x Revolutions

(Y/n) POV

Kurapika didn't stick around for much longer after it had grown quiet between us. There was still the night to get through and I didn't feel tired so I went on my search for Killua and Gon. 

It didn't take long for me to find them, they were also sitting near the large windows exactly like how I was just moments before. 

"Sup." I greet with one waving hand while my other is away in the pockets of my shorts. I seriously need to find some new clothes, all the sweat, dirt and grime are starting to bother me.

"(y/n)! There you are! Killua was just about to tell me what his parents do for a living." Gon spoke, getting up from his seat to meet me halfway and giving me a fist bump. It's one of those casual interactions that you just do with someone naturally. 

"Oh interesting, mind if I join y'all?" I ask, more specifically to Killua considering it is his business after all.  

"Nah, It's cool." Killua cooly states as he adjusts himself on the bench, his legs on either side of the seat. 

"So what do they do?" Gon asks without a second thought once we sit down and lend our attention to Killua. 

"They're assassins." Killua replies as if it meant nothing important. He then lays his right hand on his jaw near his chin and relaxes on it as he returns his gaze to us. 

"They both of them?" Gon asks, wonder in his voice as his eyes widen at this. 

Kite had told me that here on the grounds, there was a job for anything, rather it being  prostitution or killing people for money, honestly nothing surprises me anymore, while living here I've learned that you shouldn't wear your heart on your sleeve or try to carry too much emotional baggage, it'll just hold you back in situations that could be dire, so it's good practice to keep that up. 

Kite had also said that true friends are hard to come by, but it's just as hard to identify real, true friends from all of the phoneys and fakes that linger out there, that's why he taught me to look into someone's eyes. 

If you're skilled enough and know what you're looking for, the eye's of a person can and will tell you everything you need to know about them, your eyes are truly the windows to the soul, and with good practice you can find colors that they don't want the world to see, rather if it's hurt or anguish or if it's love or jealousy, the eyes will always provide. 

While gazing at Killua, looking into his sapphire blue eyes I could tell he was hurt, he was good at hiding it too honestly, blink it and you might miss it kind of thing. The sparkles in his eyes were dim unlike Gon's. 

He came from a family of hurt, he had masked himself so well that even I had to give him a second look, he wasn't just a cool kid, that was just the mask he used. 

Killua suddenly started laughing which honestly caught Gon and I off guard, we looked at him wide eyed and confused. 

"You really got me going! That's the first time someone had listened to me seriously and asked me that afterwards!" Killua finally got his words out while drying they tears from his eyes. 

"Why? It's true isn't it?" Gon asked probably confused as to why people would question Killua. 

I felt a smirk grow on my face before I spoke. 

"It's because Gon, people don't take people like us seriously. They don't believe that kids like us go through things or come from things like that, it's all folk tale to them." I comment, Gon lets out an 'O' shape as I nod confirming my statement.