𝙴

point E:  there's nothing complicated about equality, in fact, it's quite simple.

                  Today's bradens big day, not that it isn't his day every day, but today he's finally ten so it's extra special.  As cheesy as this may sound, I feel like a proud mother, oh shush I know it's cringeworthy, but it's just true.  Really though, if you knew all of the things Braden has gone through in his life already, you'd be proud of him too.

              "Happy birthday, Brady..." Brianna pulled the covers off her brothers curled up body.  He stirred around a bit before opening his eyes to see his sister stood at the bottom of his bed with a party hat on her head, "you look silly" he laughed.  She smiled back, "c'mon, get up. I made pancakes" she laughed. At the sound of his favourite breakfast, he bolted up, grabbed his prosthetic hand, and sped down the stairs as fast as he could. She laughed and followed him down to find him already sat at the kitchen table. Their parents are still asleep, but Brianna wanted to surprise them, especially Braden since it's his day today.

                 At around 9:35pm, both jay and hailey woke up due to the bright sun shining through the cracks in their bedroom window, "I'm sure he's already awake" hailey laughed, "most likely" jay smiled and let her climb out of bed to go wake him up anyways. Hailey reappeared in the bedroom after seeing that both Braden and Brianna were up, "bingo, they're already up" she smiled. Jay laughed and put his shirt on, "it smells like someone's been baking too" he nodded to the door. Hailey smiled, most likely Brianna...

                 When they landed at the bottom of the stairs they saw no sign of their kids until they walked past the back door, "found them" jay laughed and stopped to watch Brianna chasing Braden around the yard with a lightsaber.  Hailey smiled, "hopefully she keeps him busy whilst we have our coffees" she laughed and continued making her way into the kitchen.  Jay smiled as their giggles could be heard even from the kitchen, "it was Brianna who baked" hailey smiled and flicked the lid off the pancakes, "they're better than mine, what the hell?" Jay picked one up and took a bite into it.  Hailey laughed and began eating hers too, they have a very talented daughter to say the least.

I know it's crazy how bradens birthday fell on a bank holiday, which means we get the day off school, and my parents only have to work if they get called in, so the chances of Braden getting a good birthday with everyone around him is high. I'm just happy he's laughing and smiling whilst I chase him with this light up stick, because I'm getting pretty tired...

"You wanna open your presents now?" Hailey smiled as Braden came tumbling through the living room door, Brianna following behind. Braden smiled, "yeah..." he plopped down on the floor. Both jay and Brianna sat down on the couch whereas hailey sat on the floor with a trash bag ready for the mess Braden is about to whip up.

Braden smiled at all of his gifts until he had one more to open, which he nearly didn't see, so he grabbed it gratefully and ripped the paper off it. He gasped thankfully and shot his head back to his sister, he bolted up and ran over to her with the gift under his arm.